• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shame we cant move are game with chester to help em out

Player
aldo
Wat happens if chester cant play all there games . Think its a shame we cant move are game forward to help them out . They are in big trouble in the league

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I get the impression that while Chester are in difficulties, they’ll be able to scrape the money together to keep going until the end of the season. If we are able (and I don’t know how bad our own financial position is) it would be good if we paid them our valuation for Alabi £10k to help with their cash-flow issues ahead of the Tribunal which will set the final fee.

I do fear for Hartlepool, whose situation looks a lot grimmer. Our final game is scheduled to be against them, so where they to go bust, then unless we’d already won the league, we’d be sitting out the final game while our promotion rivals would know what they had to do to beat us, so as well as being devasting for their own fans, Pools demise could have a significant impact for us.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If clubs go bust and can't complete their fixtures, the normal practice is for all their results to be removed. This can have a significant effect on other clubs. For example our draw away was worth only one point. Any side who won there would lose three points to our one. If they lost there, they'd lose nothing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s very unlikely these clubs will be able to complete their fixtures. End of season is when all the fun happens.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BBTC, I get that the points will be deducted from all teams. However, unless we’ve already won the league, all the other clubs in the title race or jostling for play-off positions will know exactly what is needed to finished ahead of Rovers, if we don’t have a final game v Pools. There are also financial implications in that we can’t be the televised game and will lose the gate receipts.

joe

Meanwhile.....................Sanchez and company continue to gather their millions.

Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

When the Premier League was founded many people said that this would expand the gap between rich and poor clubs. How right they were. So, very much like what has happened in society as a whole!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Chester need between 85-90 grand a month to continue, they are trying to get second instalment of the fee from Leicester for Sam Hughes early

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
While I have sympathy with the Chester fans, you get the impression their problems are almost entirely self-inflicted. It does not seem to be a lack of money that was the issue, rather that they completely wasted the reasonable reserves they did have.

Whether you are in the Premier League or the National League, you still need competent people running your club.