• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shakers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rovers go in search of their third win in six days at Gigg Lane, which has not been a happy hunting ground in recent years. Nine points from nine over the festive period might be asking a lot, but we really have to win this game when you look at the tough run of fixtures in January, which include away games at Coventry and Brentford.

I would expect us to start with the same eleven that began the game against Scunny, with Cole back on the bench. Bury seem to have lost a lot of their better players in the last twelve months or so, hence their current struggles, although Sodje, Schumacher, Healy and the injured Andy Bishop are still names that stand out.

It is forecast to rain fairly solidly in East Lancashire up until kick off, so the game must be in some doubt (I wonder if Scoops still reads this forum and could give us an update ?); a postponement would be really bad news, particularly as Donny play their game in hand when we are at Derby on Saturday.

I am hopeful that a strong Rovers following will be there to see what may be Palmer's and Cassidy's final games for the club; they have certainly made a major contribution to our success this season and deserve our thanks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm going tomorrow so i hope the rain doesn't get it the way! I'd like to see Stockton and Cass up front. certainly agree about the loanees. they've been excellent and who knows if we'll see them again before the seasons out.

Im expecting a win here. confidence is back and we'll play a really good game. 2-0 whites.

Player
Liam Palmer
Firstly, happy New Year, when it comes, who'd have thought we'd be top of the league at the end of 2012? Hopefully three points tomorrow to set us on our way in '13.

Totally off topic, but Les Parry leaves Accrington tomorrow to take up a new post at.... Manchester United. Working in sports science with the under-21s and below. Wonder if he's got an eye on Fergie's job....? Whatever you think of him as a former Tranmere manager (don't get started), it's a fantastic job for him, so well done, Les!

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
we should stuff bury but football doesent work that way sometimes.lets hope ronnie can continue the good work in 2013 and get us promoted .weve been in this league too long and come may hopefully we can wave goodbye to league one and get back to where we belong.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, Happy New Year to all. We did not get a White Christmas but could have a White New Year - even better.

Incredible news regarding Les. We did have a few small connections with United in his time as manager (eg. Wootton coming on loan) and obviously he developed enough of a relationship to grab this opportunity when it came along.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Bury OS confirms there are no problems with the game going ahead. See you all there!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good, it'll be nice and wet!

Pleased for Les too, nice fella. I wonder if we'll see him sitting behind Fergie on matchdays.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
2-0 to us, cass and palmer both signing off with a goal...=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
poor first half from both teams but we came into it a bit towards the break. summed up by Robbos pen miss.

bury are poor, win able if they step up a gear.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
1-0 up Rovers, all the scores can stay as they are....4 points clear of 3rd...

Status
Not open for further replies.