• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season tickets

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Has anything been announced about season tickets for next season? They usually do an announcement with a few games left to try and entice the few left that are brave enough to buy one.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I've been wondering the same these last few weeks that whether the turnstiles would have the usual info being given out. It's definately normally out by now.

They had uncertainty last season when the prices went out but given dropping out of the football league would be a hundred times worse, maybe that's delaying things. Does Palios think sales will be better if Micky has gone?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. Surely they would release something soon but the way things have gone this season, when do you ask people to commit when the club are almost certain to drop? It's a tricky one. And at what price? How much is conference footy these days?

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
Hopefully conference footy is cheaper than league one!. as a ground hopper it will be good to get in some new stadiums!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There was mention of season tickets at the last Trust meeting. It was always the plan for season tickets to go on sale later than normal (at that time there was still optimism we might stay up). I think the idea is to allow around a month from the end of the season to buy at cheaper prices, but the full details hadn't been ironed out. At the meeting where the Palioi attended, it sounded like there was going to be a bigger family only section, no details supplied.

I'm in two minds as to whether to buy a season ticket next season. No longer living on Merseyside, normally I break even with the games that I miss, but unable to make 7 home games this season. However, some of the more in demand away games in the Conference may be limited in terms of available tickets, with s/t holders given priority. If we're relegated and Adams still here, my current inclination is not to bother.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I suspect quite a few fans will be having doubts about season tickets next season. If I remember rightly total overall numbers last season were fairly good even though we had been relegated - but a successive relegation and dropping out of the football league will drive some people away, especially if Micky keeps his job (surely not...)

This years season ticket was my 20th consecutive but I'll be getting another one for some daft reason !

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the Trust are in negotiations with the club as to how the season ticket offer will be structured which is probably causing a delay. Added to which, the uncertainty over which division we are in probably means budgets can't be set, and Palios is probably reluctant to ask supporters for cash too far in advance given how dreadful the on-field situation is at the moment.

Boz makes an interesting point regarding away ticket allocations in the Conference. There would probably be demand for 2,000 tickets for our games at Chester, Wrexham and Southport next season, but we would not get anything like that number due to restricted capacities and policing issues. Some of the grounds in the Conference are miniscule: AFC Fylde could be promoted from Conference North and their stadium capacity is 3,000.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Season ticket prices out this Saturday apparently.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Should be interesting..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's a difficult one for the club. Too expensive and the fans will desert. Too cheap and playing budgets will be too low to attract decent players. It's unknown territory for us all. Personally, I hope the club keeps prices up and offers special deals as necessary.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
£45 increase for me in the kop!! £255 last season now £289.

MP claims it'll mean a top 4 budget but when we have just become a non league team it's a bit difficult to comprehend.

Player
Manager
John King
£45 increase for me in the kop!! £255 last season now £289.

MP claims it'll mean a top 4 budget but when we have just become a non league team it's a bit difficult to comprehend.

In fairness, I think Butler undershot the prices last season, just one of the many erors he made.

If we want to come back up, we need a decent budget and I don't blame Palios for this decision. I know times are hard, but I would prefer to pay a bit more to have a decent team on the pitch rather than a repeat of the last two seasons.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It seems a little crazy to increase prices when you've just been relegated but I do agree if we are to compete next season we need the budget.

Let's just hope they are competitive and the increase is justified.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
In fairness, I think Butler undershot the prices last season, just one of the many erors he made.

If we want to come back up, we need a decent budget and I don't blame Palios for this decision. I know times are hard, but I would prefer to pay a bit more to have a decent team on the pitch rather than a repeat of the last two seasons.
Spot on, RLC. In MP's statement on the OS, he does claim that the lower prices led to a lower playing budget this season with the unfortunate consequences. We have a loyal and understanding fanbase, who will appreciate the rationale, even if some will not renew. The important thing is for us to start well next season and bring the crowds in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure the Palioi have got this right to be honest. Assuming everyone renews at the more expensive prices, which of course they won't, and all of that money goes into the playing budget, is it likely to generate more than around 50k extra? I'm afraid it's hardly going to transform the squad with that sort of money. While I'm more likely than not to renew for next season, after that my finances look like taking a turn for the worse, so barring a clear upturn in our fortunes on the field, will probably end up picking and choosing which games to go to.

Player
Manager
John King
It is not just the season ticket prices that have gone up though, match day prices have also increased. If we generate an extra £100k - £150k in gate receipts, that will be a substantial sum in the Conference, probably the equivalent of three or four players. Or put another way, offering all of our first choice squad members an extra ten grand to persuade them to come to us rather than a rival club.

What does irk me slightly is that Adams probably wasted a similar sum of money with his January transfer dealings and endless loan signings, very few of which will have any positive long term benefits.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's a big 'if' though. Even if prices frozen, we were always likely to lose some season-ticket sales through relegation and casual attenders, while visiting support will be significantly down on average. By raising the price, those crowd reductions will increase, so it's a question of whether the increase in revenue from the fewer attenders not just compensates for the absentees but goes over and above that. I just can't see it.

Totally agree about Adams wasting money though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In a little bit torn on the issue. On one hand I think they've got a cheek asking for more money after the dross we witnessed this season but on the other hand if we are to be competitive we need to be up there financially.

There's always the worry that we'll waste it but new manager, new start, let's be positive.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Hopefully today's managerial announcement will stoke season ticket sales. It shows the owners are serious about a return to the league and that the money generated will be spent on quality players. I doubt Gary Brabin would have left Everton without being convinced he would get what he needed to succeed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The online booking system is making me pull my hair out. Click on renew and it prices up a standard season ticket for over £300. Anyone else getting this?