• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ryan Fraughan loaned to Aberwystwth

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unsure if a good move or not.

Ryan hasn't made the bench lately, so suppose it's good experience for him. However, he's looked fairly decent when he has come on and I'd have liked to keep him around. Of the wide left options, Mahon and Barnett are lacking for pace, Shuker looks better on the right or as part of a front three and Cresswell's never been tried there.

Thoughts?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'll be honest and don't think Ryan is good enough from the bits and pieces I've seen of him.

On the other hand, look at how good it did Ash Taylor last season. He went out, did incredibly well, came back full of confidence and has improved so much from the experience.

It could toughen him up, which can only be a good thing. If he's not involved, then surely it's better that he's getting some game time elsewhere. And Alan Morgan is the gaffer there and a school of excellence coach at Tranmere, maybe he will help his game and it could benefit Tranmere and the lad in the long run. No harm in it whatsoever imo.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He looked good pre season. Skilful, good technique. Absolutely tiny fella though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It can only be good for the lad. What's the point of sitting on the bench or playing reserve games. No good for any player. Get him out there playing competitive games.. Doesn't even matter much that the standard is lower, these loan spells can sometimes be a good indication of whether the player can cut it or not.