• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rumour...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Apparently it was on Radio City today that we are supposed to sign a big name player before the end of the season. Now living away from the Wirral I couldn't say if it was definitely on but if anyone heard that could they confirm it on here. Obviously it may not be true even if it was on Radio City but it would be interesting to know.

M

Matthew The Rover

Said this on City yesterday:

One big name is to be signed by the end of the season and Brian has already got three or four confirmed for June/July with more on the way.

My money is on McManaman

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good stuff... hope its true what City are saying although some bad news if true is that Greenacre will leave to Hull at end of the season for 50k! Apparently he has a clause in contract saying if any Championship club come in with a 50k or higher offer we have to let him speak to them. Hope this is not true!!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Sounds good, oo I wanna know now!!

McManaman, I agree!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes unfortunatly it will probably be him if anyone... the reason i'm worried about Mcmanamam is that he will probably just end up injured! Although at least we can say we have a Champions League winner in our team. :lol:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Joe_TRFC said:
Good stuff... hope its true what City are saying although some bad news if true is that Greenacre will leave to Hull at end of the season for 50k! Apparently he has a clause in contract saying if any Championship club come in with a 50k or higher offer we have to let him speak to them. Hope this is not true!!!

So do I. If this season has showed us anything it's that a squad needs consistency to perform well. Losing Taylor and Hume at the end of last season caused us real problems this season, if Greenacre were to go I think it would have a similar effect.

Surely he's worth more than £50k too.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes i'd think realistically we should be looking at 250-350k. Maybe if he were to go he may do similar to Koumas and sign a new contract as long as we let him go but it would mean we would get better money for him. Another rumour is Liverpool have told Raven he is free to leave the club at the end of the season opening up a possibility for us to sign him permantely and also Darren Potter may leave Liverpool. Can't see us getting him though. Raven would be a good signing especially on a free transfer!

B

Banana Army

Well, theres no doubting Greenacre is a very good player. Probably to good for us when he's at his best. So he probably thought it was a good idea to saign a contract whereby if he impressed, he would not have a huge price tag slapped on him, ruining his chances of a move. But yeh i'd love him to sign a contract where the minimum release fee is abolished, or pushed up to somewhere nearer £300k/£400k