• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Stevenage

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Talking total rubbish Maamria, they got what they deserved which was nothing except 2 red cards which were both deserved, they were a horrible team who reminded me of several non league sides of the past 3 seasons.

I thought the first half we were the better team without really hitting top gear, in the second half at times we were outstanding, Perkins, Pringle and Jennings were fantastic with several others not far behind

Player
ian goodison
nugent should have been sent off before he chopped conor down, I thought the referee showed some leniency when nugent & nors had a set to

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought the referee showed some leniency when nugent & nors had a set to
I thought the ref bottled it. If he’d have dished a few yellows they may have all calmed down.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The clip of the Norwood-Nugent incident I've seen only shows Nugent aiming a blow at Nors don't know if there was something that happened before? The ref didn't get a clear view and decided to simply give a talking to, after speaking to his Assistant on that side. It's been suggested that there was an elbow on Nelson, maybe those in the JK got a better view as couldn't tell from the Paddock.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The clip of the Norwood-Nugent incident I've seen only shows Nugent aiming a blow at Nors don't know if there was something that happened before? The ref didn't get a clear view and decided to simply give a talking to, after speaking to his Assistant on that side. It's been suggested that there was an elbow on Nelson, maybe those in the JK got a better view as couldn't tell from the Paddock.
From the full highlights shown on the website it is clear that Norwood did not do anything at all. He was wrestled to the ground by Nugent, who then seemed to take a swing at him as he fell. Nugent should have been carded and sent off for that incident (it also should have been a penalty), but I thought throughout the game the referee let him get away with murder. Norwood was persistently fouled in addition to the incidents that have been highlighted.

The Nelson challenge was right in front of me and I did not see an elbow. I thought it was an accidental collision to be honest.

Player
Manager
John King
Mixed bag of results tonight. Wins for Swindon and Oldham mean they leapfrog us, while Crewe draw level. However, defeat for FGR and Carlisle means the gap to seventh remains six points and we have a game in hand. It is incredibly tight with a lot of teams involved. We probably need a return of seven points from the next three games to maintain a challenge.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Meanwhile in the National League, Solihull win to go top with a Nathan Blissett hat trick ! In League One, Cookie's Walsall are perilously close to the relegation zone.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We probably need a return of seven points from the next three games to maintain a challenge.
Completely agree. We simply have to pick up points over the next few games to keep the season alive. There's eight points between us and MK Dons in 4th.

Player
Manager
John King
There's eight points between us and MK Dons in 4th.
But only six points between us and the team in seventh place. Win the next two games and we are only three points off the play offs, at worst.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Finally got round to watching the highlights and the Nugent/ Nors incident was not that clear even after watching it twice to my mind.
Irrespective of that the extended highlights showed a team performance which was light years away from some of the rubbish that has been played recently. The tempo was excellent all game with players constantly looking for the overlaps. We looked and played much like how we started the season with the ball on the floor. Perkins and Pringle looked like great additions and Jennings had a superb game. Ridelagh who gets a lot of criticism looked so much better going forward and Nors goal was a great finish. Stevenage looked poor but was that because we didn't let them play - the League table generally does not lie after all by this stage of the season.
I had given up any hope of the play offs after the 3rd defeat on the spin but after watching that I may have to revise my opinions as if the boys can play at that sort of level for the remaining games then we could yet figure.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d have preferred a few draws last night tbh. Swindon on a fairly good run look like they could make the play-offs, while Oldham may be benefitting from new manager bounce.

While our next 3 games are against sides at the wrong end of the table, Cambridge and Notts have started to improve and Vale have a new manager and players returning from injury/suspension. Rovers will have to play well to earn maximum points from these fixtures.

Player
Manager
John King
We will have to be very consistent to make the play offs, irrespective of the form of other teams. It was still better for us for sides in the top six to drop points last night - a nine point gap would be unassailable.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I think the play offs are unrealistic unless our away from suddenly improvers dramatically. A top 10 finish would be fantastic in the first season back in League 2, and hopefully we build on that and make a really strong push next season..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the play offs are unrealistic unless our away from suddenly improvers dramatically. A top 10 finish would be fantastic in the first season back in League 2, and hopefully we build on that and make a really strong push next season..
Probably agree with that, as much as I don't want to write us off yet with 15 games to go we aren't consistent enough and I don't really see that changing any time soon.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
As much as I wouldn't swap our lower kop tickets, you don't always get a good perspective of goals in the cowsheds.
Just seen the first goal from the camera at that end.
What great control, turn and cross from CJ in virtually one movement.
On pure talent, he's got to be our best.

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
connor is superb . his work rate . and what he brings to the team is great . we owe him loads . his cross in the play off final got us where we are now . his goals got us the spurs game . his all around game is great . we need more like him . guys like him and j norwood . with now the new guys who looked great in the last game we have a good team now we need to get more wins . and move up the table