• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's a shame our most naturally gifted player, Ben Tollitt, is not on form and available. However, Norwood, Jennings, Cole, Smith and Gilmour are all capable of providing some magic.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure I agree that Tollitt is our most naturally talented player. I would put Norwood, Banks, Jennings and Smith ahead of him, to name four.

Player
ian goodison
didn,t Newport & Rochdale take spurs to replays last season? fingers crossed anything can happen

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I must admit BBTC took the words out of my mouth about Ben. I keep saying that a month or two at Wrexham will make him hot property. Whilst the impact on his debut was impressive his half time introduction against Salford on New Year’s Day was less so judging by their twitter feed (not mentioned). I do believe that he’s a natural talent and would be reluctant to see him go.

Player
aldo
talk sport doing the drive time show at pp tomorrow . and full match com on there to if ya watching telly have radio on with telly on mute.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Let's show Spurs the respect they deserve with a proper TRFC performance. As pointed out above we have already got some great coverage in the national press. We should be trying to play some decent football and not adopt a non - league physical let's get up them attitude. We have some decent players and they will not be at full strength - would be great to get a goal so I am going for a 1-3 defeat which I think would be a good result all things considered.... plus apparently Spurs last year passed on their share of gate receipts so hopefully even if we lose we will benefit!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I just hope the players don't freeze on the night and are able to express themselves. We are a good passing side when we get going, so let us hope we see a performance similar to the first half at Macclesfield. If we can somehow still be in the game with half an hour to go - even a goal down - I would be delighted. I have no idea what formation or personnel we will go with, but it would great if we could start with Jennings up front again after his performance on New Year's Day.

The players are really up against it tonight, so the atmosphere is going to be key. The hardcore 5-7,000 fans need to lift the team and hope that some of the daytrippers who are with us for the evening want to get involved.

COYWB !!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In Lanzarote, they are getting ready for the big game too !

25DCBC0C-50B8-47B2-93A5-9834B14AF250.jpeg

drwhoman

The Guardian talks about a goalie called Passant being on the bench - do they mean Pilling?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Teams in:

Davies
Ridehalgh
McNulty
Monthe
Harris
Jennings
Norwood
McCullough
Caprice
Ellis
Gilmour

Banks on the bench along with the other usuals.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Spurs line up with:

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Foyth
Aurier
Davies
Skipp
Alli (C)
Walker-Peters
Son
Moura
Llorente

Kane, Errikson, Sissoko all on the bench if / when needed

Stronger line-up than what I'd have liked but atmosphere is great! SWA!!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Guardian talks about a goalie called Passant being on the bench - do they mean Pilling?
No, the youth keeper, Pilling Cup-tied.

Wonder if Smith injured. Otherwise a surprise no place for him on the bench at the expense of Sutton/Zoum.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ellis and Davies are excellent but Spurs aggression is causing everyone to make mistakes. We are doing our best but Spurs are in control on the ball and tigerish off the ball. The goal was unfortunate but if we can keep things tight for a while and then pull out something special, we will have a chance. If Spurs score again, it's game over.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Having trouble getting the ball and keeping it. Spurs make it look easy. Having said that, we are still in it at 1-0. Need a bit more composure in the second half.

Caprice is being stretched defensively down the left by Son and Walker-Peters.

Norwood an almost spectator. He needs more support up front.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A soft second goal following an uncharacteristically poor tackle by Monthe, but we are fighting back.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A good first half but not only are they better players, they seem a lot fresher. We were tight in the first half but are looking increasingly knackered in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.