• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Spireites FAC 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A tough tie, against in-form Chesterfield managed by ex-Rover Paul Cook.

Some selection issues for Ronnie; Gibson's hernia, Palmer and Cassidy not allowed to play by their parent clubs, returns for Ash Taylor and Thompson. I would like to see us go all out for a win, deploying Robinson rather than Harrison in midfield, with Zoum left-midfield, in a line-up something like this

OFW
Holmes Taylor Goodison Black
McGurk Wallace Robinson Bakayogo
O'Hallorhan Stockton

Prediction: After the poor Walsall turnout, it would be a surprise to significantly top 5k Think we'll struggle in this one, it's got the feel of when we lost to Peterborough, also a L2 side at home a few years back.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would imagine we will line up with Harrison and Wallace in midfield and Cole and O'Hallorhan up front. Stockton was actually sent off for the reseves on Tuesday and got a three game ban but is apparently able to play in this game; funny, because I thought suspensions applied to all competive games ?

I have mixed feelings about the cup this season: under Les, a cup run was our only chance of experiencing any pleasure in a season, but given our league form this time around I worry that cup matches could get in the way and stretch our already thin squad. Financially, however, getting to the third round could be the difference between bringing in new faces in January or having to make do with what we have.

I share Boz's pessimisim about the gate, which I think will only be about 4k, but I think we will get our first victory at Prenton Park in nearly two months. It is vitally important that we do win and get our home form going again, with competition intensifying at the top of League One.

Player
Achto
1st home game Im going to miss this season.

Will be tight for the first 35mins until we setted down.

prediction:-
3-1

O'Hallorhahahahahhahn to get a brace
AND

McGurk to hit a stormer and run to the crowd with his finger on his lips !!

Thompson to be on the bench and come on for the last 20 mins

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A tough game this one im going for a 1 0 win and crowd just over 3 k

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
A tough game this one im going for a 1 0 win and crowd just over 3 k

Tranmere win 3-0

nice to see Paul Cook back at pp ( although i won,t be going )

Did,nt. he have a gambling addiction when he was with us, and frank corfe would,nt lend him 50K or something to get himself out of stuck ,so he moved on to Stockport so the inside story goes ( from memory?)....ahh the footballers of old ... put today rock and rollers (handicap ? ) to shame!
(golf i mean,t !)

If goody plays alongside the loney ( spelt that right ?)daneilson hope he does,nt stitch him up ..any one remember tranmere reserve goalie at Colchester last year...?

Hope we get in the hat for round three,last thing we want is a draw for our tired over worked/out of salt,s players !
:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.