• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v Southport

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seems quite a risky appointment by the Shrews. Ricketts has done well so far in N Wales, but too early to judge. Perhaps Askey will be Wrexham bound. Like BBTC, I’d like to see them back in the FL again.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I almost have sympathy for them. They have had wretched luck over their decade in the NL - and not just with managers. That club really should be in the EFL.
I agree, but you can't help but laugh. To lose two managers in the space of nine months is almost farcical, and either of them could have won them promotion.

It makes you wonder about the professionalism of their supporter-run board. How can you offer a manager a three year contract (Ricketts) and lose him after less than half a season ?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Seems quite a risky appointment by the Shrews. Ricketts has done well so far in N Wales, but too early to judge. Perhaps Askey will be Wrexham bound. Like BBTC, I’d like to see them back in the FL again.
Ricketts is a massive risk, even more than Askey. But then Dean Keates has done well at Walsall. I think Askey would be a good fit for Wrexham. He knows the NL backwards and inherits a reasonable squad.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another season in the conference for them then!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's tempting to laugh at Wrexham's demise but I'd rather have a proper club with a genuine fan base and sustainable finance in the EFL than a rich business man's plaything like FGR or Boreham Wood. I'm not against new clubs coming up. Wigan, Peterborough and Wimbledon (both versions) have all been successful.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree BBTC, but you have to see the funny side. When it comes to promotion from the NL this season my maxim is ABS (Anyone But Salford - preferably Orient and Wrexham actually).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A thought occurred to me. When was the last time there were two Merseyside derbies on the same day? I can't remember it before and the chances of it ever happening again must be millions to one.

In fact, it's a shame the two games clash as I'm sure our gate could have benefited by a couple of hundred as a few would have wanted to see both games.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Only personal opinion and I know it hampers the gate and the money that’ll go to the club but I rather like it being on the same day and roughly same time as our game. Selfish but it’s the small things in life I suppose...

drwhoman

I remember that Wrexham were very close to a return several times after their relegation before they fell away for a while. BTW, I was surprised that our game was moved to Sunday given the other derby. Is our game on TV or something?

Player
Manager
John King
I remember that Wrexham were very close to a return several times after their relegation before they fell away for a while. BTW, I was surprised that our game was moved to Sunday given the other derby. Is our game on TV or something?
It was moved for coverage on the BBC 'Final Score' programme, along with several other ties; not live coverage, just regular score updates.

I don't like playing on Sunday, but I am not bothered about the clash with the Scouse derby, as I have no interest in that fixture. Can they both lose ?

drwhoman

Thanks RLC. I think Dixie McNeill was involved with the Dragons at the time. A goalscorer that boy.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Got my quotes and reply mixed up there.
I need lessons.

Watching the Dragons.
Stomach turns every time the cameras point at their bench and you see those god forsaken blue Vanerama shell suits/ jackets.

Player
aldo
they had a right go when we went down some of them even said i hope its the end of them . and i also know chester fans did the same . i dont wish eneything against both the teams . but if the boot was on the other foot . they would be having a field day

Player
Manager
John King
I was quite impressed by Wrexham tonight. They battered Newport, played some decent football, and look a better side than last season. However, they still seem to be lacking a goalscorer. Booby Grant looks a good signing for them.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I think we can rise above that mentality AM.
We had three years in bin.
Wrexham are in double figures by now?
They've more than done their stint and for their genuine, die hard fans I wish them well. ONLY cos we're already out!!
Replay for them after tonight. Newport subjected them to the theatrics they did at our place.
Just to keep on thread...... after 20 mins we'll know if it's another complacent Oxford attitude from players. Can't see it being the case.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As a serious point, one of the few benefits of playing the the NL was the number of derbies we had. Back in the day, the most eagerly awaited games of the season were against Chester, Southport and Wrexham in the old Fourth Division. I'd rather have bragging rights by beating them than just by being in a higher league.