• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v sollihul

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Most of us think the game will be off BBTC. It has been tipping it down all night hete. Pitch inspection being performed now....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Pitch inspection at 9am cant see it being on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Postponed.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We'll need to make full use of the squad with the Tuesday-Saturday sequence of games required to catch up on these postponements.

Player
Manager
John King
We have got a big squad which will help. We could do with Wrexham-BWood either being called off or resulting in a draw.

I am still reasonably confident we can finish third.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, at least we can see how things are panning out but the backlog isn’t ideal.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Incredibly unusual to have one game postponed at this time never mind two. I've never known it. Who says climate change isn't real?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We’ve had a lot of rain this winter.

Player
Manager
John King
Sutton, Aldershot and Wrexham all losing at half time. Bet it does not last.......

Player
Manager
John King
A ridiculously good set of results for us, with Aldershot, Wrexham, Sutton ad Dover all losing. Third place is there for us now, and it is still possible we could nick second.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, very good indeed. 2nd place is certainly reachable. Need a good run of results.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agree RLC we have a decent chance of 3rd now with still a hope for 2nd

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I find it hard to decide what exactly is a good result. It would take a combination of exceptional form from Rovers and a total melt-down from Macc, of which there has been no sign, in order for Rovers to win the title. The consensus on here is that ship has sailed. Mathematically, as things stand, 82 points or winning 5 of our remaining 7 guarantees us making the play-offs. That figure will almost inevitably drop as more games are played, but our starting point is to reach the play-offs. The next target is making 2nd or 3rd. If Sutton were to win all their remaining games, we couldn't catch them, but winning 6 of out of 7 gets us 3rd.

My view is that Aldershot losing was a good result for us, as was Sutton, with a ban for the red-carded player to boot. Rivals losing mean they're less confident when they come to face us in the play-offs. I'm less sure about Wrexham, as they lost to a fellow play-off contender in Boreham Wood and personally, I'd feel more hopeful of taking on the Welshmen on this season's games. Equally Dover's defeat opens the door to Fylde making the play-offs, who could be difficult opponents in that setting.

drwhoman

Fair comment Boz. I think the Wrexham Manager bailed out recently for a ‘better’ gig? This will not have helped them. BW are playing well at the right time.

Player
Manager
John King
Boreham Wood are arguably a better side than Wrexham but I would still rather face them at Prenton Park with their 70 followers than Wrexham with 2,500. Either way, we will have to beat some decent teams to get promoted and I would be reasonably confident against either of those two.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I take your point that whoever we have to beat will be decent. Boreham Wood along with Macc are the best sides I've seen at PP this season. Wrexham were fortunate to win at PP and were helped to earn a draw at home with a debatable penalty. As Drwhoman mentions, their management change won't have helped. I'm not sure that their much bigger fan-base will compensate them for failings elsewhere.

Player
Manager
John King
I take your point that whoever we have to beat will be decent. Boreham Wood along with Macc are the best sides I've seen at PP this season. Wrexham were fortunate to win at PP and were helped to earn a draw at home with a debatable penalty. As Drwhoman mentions, their management change won't have helped. I'm not sure that their much bigger fan-base will compensate them for failings elsewhere.
Arguments like this are hypothetical until we know the exact final placings. All we can do is concentrate on finishing third.

Boreham Wood were below Wrexham at the start of play today, so a victory for BW was better than a Wrexham win as it made our quest to finish in the top three slightly easier.

A Wrexham victory would have had them four points ahead of us, meaning we would need at least four points from our two games in hand to finish above them. A difficult task considering one of those games is away to Dover.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm almost glad we didn't play today; it seems that typically a good set of results for us seems to have coincided with us losing points ourselves. I'm not sure whether Dover would have been playable today but it is quite possible that if the Friday and Monday fixtures had been reversed we may have been able to play both games. Just one of those things, but it does mean that we have 7 games in 22 days between 7th and 28th April probably followed by play offs. That is a very heavy schedule and there is a danger that even our squad isn't deep enough for that. Fingers crossed that we can stay relatively injury free - unlike last season.

Player
Manager
John King
I think we will cope OK with the schedule. We have decent replacements in every position other than the two strikers, certainly for matches against relatively 'weak' teams. If we finish in the top three we also get a break of a full week before the play-off semi-final.