• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v sollihul

Player
aldo
can see this also getting called off as snow and heavy rain . if game is on it will be a hard game as they are a lot better with the new manager . but still think a 1-0 . wont be 9 again thats for sure

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Simply need to win. 10-0.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Forecast for tomorrow is ok but Monday morning is dire.

I’m sure we won’t do a Dover and cancel it last minute although Solihull isn’t too far away. at this stage of the season it’s all about winning.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it will be off, but if it goes ahead I would expect a narrow Rovers victory. Solihull are much improved under Yates and don't concede many goals.

Player
aldo
tollitt has got to play or he will rusty as hell an never get fit . he has had plenty of short stints . but cant babysit him gotta let him loose sooner rather than later . one thing we cant do is play tol and wallace in the same team cant have to meney unfit players in same team

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The forecast suggests heavy overnight rain, just hope the club get an early decision about whether the game goes ahead.

Post injury Tollitt hasn’t come close to the form he was showing before. He’s still got a fair turn of pace, but at this point don’t feel Ben is indispensable, so feel the way he’s been used is the correct one.

Player
Manager
John King
I strongly believe Tollitt should play. He has done well in the last couple of games and we need him match sharp for the play offs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I strongly believe Tollitt should play. He has done well in the last couple of games and we need him match sharp for the play offs.
I suppose the question is whether we should play him if the match is barely playable. My view is in his current fitness and form, Ben is not going to make the difference between beating Solihull or not. Hence if there’s a serious risk of him getting hurt due to conditions, better to rest for this game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As long as the game goes ahead we should play our strongest team so for me Tollitt should start, im going for a 3 0 win

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If we don’t play Ben then what are our wide options? I guess we have plenty on paper: Ginnelly, Clarke, Jennings, Dunn, Larnell Cole

All have played wide this season but who does Micky rate?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I was planning to make a rare trip to PP from The Midlands, but now of course the weather is playing havoc :-(

I'd appreciate some weather reports in the morning before I head off!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Pitch is much better at coping with rain these days, think it’ll be fine.

Player
aldo
yes when you see that we are nackerd good luck in lg 2 macc ur gonna need it with 1500 av fans a game

Player
Manager
John King
You could argue that winning goal sums up Macc's focus and determination: they keep playing when the opposition switch off.

I think they thoroughly deserve to win the league, so good luck to them.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Agree, RLC. Don't resent them like I did Cheltenham and Lincs. Nice club, decent fans. They've got a squad together to do the job. Madness though, how many of their players would you swop for ours?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve no issues with Macc going up either. They play decent football, Askey had to largely rebuild the side after summer departures and think they had a transfer embargo. The two games against us showed they have the element of luck likely champions need, injury-time equaliser in their home game, fortunate bounce to open up a scoring chance to get the opener against the run of play at PP. Though there was nothing lucky about how they tore us apart in the 2nd half of that game. Looks like they’ll have the derbies against Crewe and Port Vale, while as many as 3 Greater Manchester sides could be in their league, so some decent pay-days on the horizon. Yet as CK points out, our current squad is arguably better. I would take Durrell who scored those two belters against us though.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not much talk about the topic of this thread. Are we not bothered any more? ;) Certainly Solihull are one of the weaker sides and dropping points at home is unthinkable. But they have as much to fight for as we do and last time out they embarrassed us big time in the FA Trophy. I'm expecting a win but a hard fought one. Micky will have to play his best and most motivated side.