• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Shots

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Aldershot looked very poor and there was quite a bit of timewasting going on fairly early in the game, good win without hitting the heights

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was surprised/disappointed how Aldershot set up and expect they’ll be a very different opponent should we meet again in the play-offs.
Perhaps, but I am not sure they have got the players they had last season. Boreham Wood and Fylde have got more quality up front on that showing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They had nothing up front. Defensively we were excellent today and a draw was the best they could hope for. Looking strong when it matters. Keep it going Rovers!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Micky says Tollitt's injury looks serious. Sad for him if true and leaves us a bit short in the wide areas.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another good win when a lot of patience was needed before we broke the deadlock.

Like others I wasn’t impressed by aldershot and they offered little threat. They were missing ex rovers loaner Fenelon and Matt McClure who are both decent front men so that won’t have helped. I felt first half we played well up to a point but the final ball wasn’t right and we just missed that bit of quality. Our midfield at that point just wasn’t creating. Norburn not getting forward and Tollit again not looking sharp and Jennings offering little.

Second half we kept going and like Boz says, the impact of Cole wasn’t just his goal set up but his overall work rate impressed too. He does have talent but needs a run of games and hopefully he’ll get that now albeit at the expense of poor Ben. Will he ever recover properly? May just need a full pre season work out.

Nors and Cookie worked hard again and Nors first was a very cool finish. Defence looked solid as did Scottie. But as I say still issues I think in terms of midfield creativity. Jennings is pretty predictable always coming inside, but a win is a win.

Plays offs basically confirmed but we should now finish in the top 3. Can’t see us catching Macc but good to be in winning form at the right time. On to Tuesday against a Dover side who must beat us to help their play off chase.

Player
aldo
Norburn has been poor for ages just little glimpses of what he can do . wonder if he is happy or what . we cant carry some one who cant be arsed . cole was fab . love noors an cookie . just love watching them . they frighten other teams . and other fans hate them . with them being so good just wish we had started like it . also the crowed was great . also nearing 1500 season tickets witch is good averaging 40 /50 sales a,day witch will take us over 2000 bye end of the month

Player
aldo
i recon if we win at dover and we will with cook and noors getting 2 . i bet we will get the 4 wins and it could make a very interesting last day . as i said b4 stay posotive

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
"Workmanlike" probably best way to describe it.
Don't think Scottie had a save to make.
Shots were poor and would happily take them on in playoffs.
Fingers crossed that Tollitt's injury is just a niggle.
Cole was tremendous when he came on.
Really don't know why they put the sprinklers on at half time.

Player
aldo
the sprinklers where on with the sun on the pitch it drys out very fast and if we wont the ball to move fast then it needs to be wet . kingy would say the same

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cole should start on Tuesday with Ginnelly on the bench