• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Saddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Last season saw us throwing away a 3-1 lead, with some strange substitutions by Les as we defended too deep, conceding an injury-time equaliser. Warner debuted and I think Kay might have.

Walsall had a good result last weekend, a 1-0 at home to a Preston side, in good form at the time, despite having to play about 25 minutes with only 10 men, the highlights and stats suggest they were well on top. This won't be an easy game.

Robbo and McChrystal have been training, Devaney hasn't. I'd be surprised if the first two are on the bench and expect a similar line-up to the Oldham game, with Joss returning to the bench, probably at the expense of Max Power.

Prediction. Find this really hard to call. Hoping that we'll win, but not confident. Expect it will be a more open game than some before a crowd of about 4.4k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Walsall line up in a 4-4-2 and have always looked to attack at Prenton Park in recent seasons, which should suit us given our recent struggles in breaking opponents down at home. If it is an open game, I fancy us to win it.

I think the squad will line up as Boz suggests, with Baxter presumably playing his last match for us. If we win, things could really start to get interesting, and on recent performances I am feeling confident.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Should be a good game

(So it probably won't)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, it will certainly be exciting.

I'm going for a home win. Walsall like to play attacking football and aren't afraid to try their luck away from home. Which hopefully means with our mean defence, we'll be able to stamp out most of their attacking play and Enoch will comfortably bang in a hattrick. :shock:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Given our defensive record this season what on earth makes you think Walsall are going to stick three past us?
Goodison gets injured. :lol: Sorry, I shouldn't joke. #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.