• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Maidstone

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would personally start with McNulty and Clarke. Clarke was brilliant but gumbs was not totally convincing to me and big Mac is still our best defender.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would personally start with McNulty and Clarke. Clarke was brilliant but gumbs was not totally convincing to me and big Mac is still our best defender.
McNulty is far from flawless though, gave away a penalty at Macclesfield. Gumbs played the full ninety in a defence which didn't concede v Maidstone. I agree that Evan started nervously in that game, made one bad mistake early on, but he grew in confidence as the game progressed. I wonder if the way he's been handled has undermined his confidence. Apparently played well at Maidenhead, but was pulled on 60 minutes in a tactical move which failed and we lost. When McEveley was unavailable, MM switched to 4 at the back rather than use Gumbs, who was later farmed out on loan to Warrington. Maybe he's not going to be the answer but he deserves the chance to play in this one.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not disputing that Gumbs is a good prospect and I am not suggesting he should be sidelined. I would perfectly happy if he was selected to play on Saturday.

However, despite the comments of many of our supporters, I believe that McNulty is our best defender and playing him gives us the best chance of winning on Saturday. Purely on merit, I believe Clarke should start ahead of Ridehalgh and McNulty should start ahead of Gumbs.

Player
aldo
I wish i was a tranmere player i would run jst as hard as noorwood. Have the passion and be as aggressive as harris. And if i was the was the captain i would be shouting and screaming at my team mates . An if they do a dawsonand cant be arsed . Or are lazy they would know . We cant carry players . Like jay mceverly or dawson . Wallace to name a few. We need all doing the same thing . The last game we where great . Dont change a winning team . Will make the others more hungry to get back in and meybe focus more . Realy hope noors keeps his home scoring run going 5 in last 3 home games . And wont a very impressive and improved ccookie to cont continue his good form i recon another 4-0 on saturday . We are on are way home on tomorrow night and be there on sat oh an i cant move to aus . There's no rovers over there i need my fix lol