• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Liverpool

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am looking forward to seeing the new signings tomorrow night, but not much else about this fixture appeals. Hopefully our visitors will treat PP with a bit of respect and stay off the pitch at the end of ninety minutes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Highly unlikely but yes, it will be good to see the new lads getting a run out. It now seems like an age since that Wembley day.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Probably MM will stick with the same starting line-up and introduce experienced subs/triallists for this one, don't expect half of the youth squad to get a look in like at Dunfermline. As long as we avoid a hammering and there's a decent turn-out, I'm not bothered.

M

Mal

i don't get the animosity some supporters seem to have with Liverpool. It's a game of football, and it seems the team will not be liverpool reserves based on the chester game. More money into Tranmere coffers.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Harris replaces Norburn in the starting xi. Zoum amongst the triallists on the bench along with Soukana from the weekend, Harvey Gimour young Blades midfielder and Kai Tonga, who can't find anything about. Loanee winger also on the bench.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Probably not going to make as much money as was hoped from the game as appears to be less their compared to previous signings which will be down to charging too much to get in

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Look forward to any reports but the trialists sound positive with Soukana getting another goal and Kai Tonga and Zoom apparently doing ok down the left in the second half.

Would be interested in thoughts on Mullin too

Player
Manager
John King
Well, that was a lot more enjoyable than I expected. I thought we did ok in the first half, with all the new signings looking decent. However, the changes at the break gave us more youth, pace and energy and we deservedly won the half 2-0 against a Liverpool team featuring Karius, Clyne, Milner and others. Very encouraging.

The number 18, Tonga, was a revelation and changed the game for us. Quick, skilful and played a number of slide-rule passes through to the front players. Smith was lively played out of position up front. Zoum looked like he had never been away and was excellent. The young blonde lad in midfield (Gilmour ?) was also very good. Soukana took his goal very well. On that showing, I would offer Tonga and Zoum contracts.

Plenty of food for thought for MM.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Look forward to any reports but the trialists sound positive with Soukana getting another goal and Kai Tonga and Zoom apparently doing ok down the left in the second half.

Would be interested in thoughts on Mullin too
Mullin held the ball up well and worked very hard, but him and Norwood were too isolated in the first half. I think he is a good player.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks RLC. Soukana must have a chance of a deal with 2 goals in 2 games

Player
Manager
John King
Thanks RLC. Soukana must have a chance of a deal with 2 goals in 2 games
Yes, I agree. His finish was excellent.

My only reservation tonight was that we did not see much of him outside the box, but that will come against weaker opposition on Saturday

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, some of the young players and trialists were really good. I was looking forward to seeing Mullin and Norwood up front but they were starved of service and didn't see much of the ball.

Agree with RLC about the players mentioned. All had a very good second half and I'm really liking the look of Soukana who seems to know where the net is. Pilling made some decent saves too. Zoum!!!!!

Player
aldo
yes good that pilling got a showing and did himself no harm at all Zoum must just like that the fans love him . some times you just need to go home where you are loved . Soukana looks good . and we know we wont play a team like that again

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, Ian. And Klopp has defended him yet again.

Definitely a respectable result, given the quality of the opposition. It's the best two sides the Reds could field apart from injuries and their missing internationals. Even then, about half of them have played for their country.

First-half team: Ward, Camacho, Phillips, Klavan, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Kent, Ojo, Solanke.

Second-half team: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Chirivella, Moreno, Milner, Woodburn, Jones, Wilson, Origi, Sturridge.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thought we struggled to really get hold of the ball in the first half but we played much better in the second half.