Welcome to White Review!

Want to join in? Register today. It's free and only takes a minute.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovers v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Matchday' started by Rockfords Love Child, 11 Jul 2017.

1. Mal

Mal

True, giventhe wage bill is in excess of £200 millon a year for Liverpool

2. White Squaddie

I'd like to think Boz that morale certainly wouldn't be affected by this Liverpool result. The players and fans will take it for exactly what it is, a money spinner. They'll have learnt a few things from it I'm sure but they'll be firmly focused on Lairds without dwelling too much on Wed night. Great bit of income, nice to rub shoulders with a few internationals, but the real prep starts now. Focused on finishing as champions and getting out of this league (he says relatively confidently ).

bring back the cowshed! and Ian like this.
  3. Boz

Boz

White Squaddie, I agree that no great weight should be attached to the result and there was no expectation that we'd do anything but lose, so don't think it would have a deterimental effect on morale. However, if we'd been able to give Liverpool more of a contest, this would have had a benefical effect on morale in my view.

White Squaddie likes this.
  4. Rockfords Love Child

Unlikely we could ever make it a contest with the side they put out.

5. frenchrover

And more importantly, this game had to be scheduled to fit into Liverpool's pre-season plans not ours. Financially we should thank Liverpool for sending such a strong side to ensure the gate was such a good one. In our current situation the saying "Beggars can't be choosers" really does hold true. Maybe in future years we can dictate certain things but where we are now reality must prevail.