• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Latics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not won or kept a clean sheet at home for about 2 months. This is probably the nearest thing we've got to a derby and the visitors usually bring a decent crowd. It's also rumoured that they might be about to appoint a new boss to replace caretaker Tony Philliskirk; though even if true any new manager will hae minimal time making an impact.

Jose Baxter may come up against us for the first team since his loan spell here. Not Ronnie's type of player supposedly, but we could have done worse. Haven't heard any injury updates, so Sidibe not definitely ruled out? If fit, I'd expect a similar line-up to Yeovil, save Palmer ahead of Corry.

Prediction: Crowd of under 6k to watch a tight, scrappy encounter. I'd love to be proved wrong, but a draw the most likely outcome.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Jose Baxter may come up against us for the first team since his loan spell here. Not Ronnie's type of player supposedly, but we could have done worse. Haven't heard any injury updates, so Sidibe not definitely ruled out?

Sidibe is out for a fortnight. Baxter played in the game at Boundary Park in November; we coped pretty well with him actually.

As I said in my previous thread, I think it might be time for Amoo to start up front with Akpro given Cole's recent struggles. I think the effectiveness of the front two will be key to the outcome of this game and the two that follow.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agree RLC i would start with amoo up front, a game we need to win to get back on track but think will be 1 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This Sidibe signing has proved to be a little bit of nonsense really. He was signed to help us up front, but he's spent more time in the treatment room.

I think it'll be a tough old game tomorrow. Oldham are fighting for a place in division one next season. Our forward line is weak and we'll be without Robinson, so we'll be creating very little.

Really have to start winning at home to get a run going. Don't want to think about losing.

Player
Manager
John King
This Sidibe signing has proved to be a little bit of nonsense really. He was signed to help us up front, but he's spent more time in the treatment room.

I think to call the signing a nonsense is a bit harsh to be honest. Sidibe played ten games at Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the season and RM took the calculated gamble that we would get ten games out of him here. All other avenues were closed to us.

So far the gamble has not paid off (although he did play a massive part in our only victory in the last seven) but he could still have an important part to play before April 27th. I recall that Robinson was hampered by injuries when Les first brought him in three years ago, but he went on to play a crucial role in our survival.

There might actually be the risk of a postponement tomorrow. Tipping it down in Birkenhead now and forecast to carry on raining for the next 24 hours.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's frustrating that for all Ronnie's efforts, he wasn't able to get someone who is less injury prone than Sibide. It will only be possible to tell if it's a gamble that's paid off or not come the end of the season.

If the game does go ahead tomorrow, I think I would rather see Black at full-back, Zoum Left-mid and O'Halloran alongside JLAA, than resort to Amoo as starting striker.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think Amoo is very good, but from what I have seen I maintain that he is a more effective partner for Akpro than O'Halloran or Stockton (at the present stage of his development). The two of them linked up well at Brentford, our best performance since the New Year.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If Amoo did play, he has to start making an impression as the last few games I've seen him play, he's been anonymous. We need everyone to step up their game now. Do or die time..

Player
Manager
John King
If Amoo did play, he has to start making an impression as the last few games I've seen him play, he's been anonymous.

I agree, but he has been played out wide and he has none of the attributes to be a winger, other than pace.

He is reasonable down the middle, but hopeless on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.