• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Imps

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with Sparky. Neither Mullin or Stockton are really good enough without Norwood. I want Gilmour to start on Saturday but I would be concerned if we had either of those two operating as a lone striker for ninety minutes, as I am not sure they would be up to it.

drwhoman

Well maybe they should give the Italian kid a go. No point in changing a successful team shape because the strikers available are not up to it. Alternatively, Can we get a loanee at this stage of the season as Stockton is struggling and Mullin is a question mark?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Akammadu has only just started training again and is completely untested at this level so there is no way we could just throw him into the first team, particularly if we only play one up front. At least with Cole and Mullin we know what we are going to get.

Stockton needs a hernia op apparently, so Mullin is likely to play on Saturday.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well maybe they should give the Italian kid a go. No point in changing a successful team shape because the strikers available are not up to it. Alternatively, Can we get a loanee at this stage of the season as Stockton is struggling and Mullin is a question mark?
No loans till January, I'm afraid. We can only sign out of contract players who have been without a club since August. With three strikers unavailable on Saturday, we may have to draft in Larnell Cole or Connor Jennings up front with Mullin.

drwhoman

Thanks RLC and BBTC. No luck for Stockton. Oh well. See what happens but not expecting a bag of goals from Rovers! (LOL!). A win will do!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockton's hernia problem may be a factor in why he's been unable to recapture the form of two seasons ago. Even if he were fit, past experience shows he doesn't function well as a lone striker. Mullin looks a similar type of player as Norwood, if not as good at this point in his career. If it's felt that we keep the one man up front formation for the next two games, which is debatable given the different style of football we will be up against, then he should be given a chance at the weekend.

There are other options. Probably not Akammadu for the reasons RLC states, but there are Jennings or Cole as BBTC suggests. Tollitt might be another option in a more forward role, while George Waring is still at the club, albeit seemingly our equivalent of the Siberian salt mines.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Lincoln's latest away game at Port Vale puts this win into true context. I doubt the Imps will lose more than a handful off games this season.

If only we'd done this two seasons ago, we'd have been champions.