• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Hereford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Assuming the weather doesn't intervene,this is not an easy tie, Hereford in good form and we often seemed to struggle at home against them, when we played them in the 80s

Dunno if we're appealing Goodison's sending off and whether either of our loan signings will still be with us and available. Assuming the answer is negative to all of these, should get a chance to see a Chorley/Kay pairing in central defence and perhaps the return of Tremarco on the left. Despite what's been said elsewhere, think that this is a game where experience is important, so Chris Greenacre has to start, tho' maybe worth trying Curran in a 4-3-3.

Have a feeling it might end up in a replay...

S

Shawsie

I hear that Greenacre and Myrie-Williams are injury doubts for this game - the latter will please some of those who have been a little frustrated with Jennison of late! So the likes of Curran and Tremarco may well get a chance to impress (I thought Tremarco had by far the best of his few games this season at Southend and would love to see him flying down the left again). Shame about Greenacre though. I hope he gets over it. Regardless of what others think, he'd be first on my teamsheet every week (with Goodison second). However, despite our missing players (I of course include Davo and Shukes here) this is a game we can win. We have the younger players available some of whom will be chomping at the bit to have a go. I think the club deserve credit for the concessions they have arranged for supporters during this FA cup run. I hope it gets the response they're hoping for on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, with them closing the upper part of the Kop, it will be interesting to see if this does create a better atmosphere.

Don't forget everyone, there is reduced admission for this game.

Admission will be £15 for Adults for the Main Stand, Paddocks and Johnny King Stand and Kop Stand - the lowest price permitted under FA Cup rules.
Seniors and Young Persons will be admitted for just £6 with Juniors only £3. The Upper Kop will be closed in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at the game. It is hoped supporters will gather closer together and generate more noise, a feature of away games this season.
I'm really looking forward to this. It's a change from the league and I'm still burnt out from that Crewe game!

Hereford are doing extremely well this season. Currently 2nd in the league after 24 games. They've only lost 4 league games so far and have scored 40 league goals.

I'm hoping the atmosphere will be a cup one and the football to be fast and exciting. Hereford are going to be confident going into this one and Ronnie will want to make sure his side make it through to the fourth round after saying the FA Cup is "special".

I don't think this is going to be an easy game though.
Shawsie has already mentioned doubts over Greenacre and Williams and we'll have Goodison out through suspension so we may have two more key players missing.

I'm not going to predict this one. Usually because I'm wrong and it's bad luck and also because it's the Cup and anything can happen. Seven goal thriller anyone?

Hereford's route to round three
Leeds (h) 0-0
Leeds replay (a) 1-0
Hartlepool (h) 2-0

Player
Goodison
A potentialy tough and difficult match is in prospect, especially if Goodison is absent from the centre of our defence. If Jennison and Greenacre arn't fit, hopefully we might see Curran and Jones given a run out and taking their chance to impress. I suspect Sherriff will stay at left midfield ahead of Tremarco as I can't see Sherriff been moved across to the right wing to accomadate Tremarco on the left, however I may well be wrong.

Hopefully the atmosphere at our 2 previous fa cup outings can be recreated at prenton park as i'm sure this would give the players a massive boost. I'm going to predict a hard fought 2-1 win for Rovers however I think there is a very high chance of a replay especially given Hereford's recent cup exploits and their high league 2 position.

Robinson and Benjamin will probably be the players to watch as they have scored 20 goals between them this season. Robinson 12 Benjamin 8 . Hereford are bringing at least 12 coaches apparently, however they are not free.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
This is definitely going to be tough but we can win this game.

They snuck one past Leeds and knocked them out, and also beat Hartlepool comfortably so they'll be up for it.

But I think we'll win 2-1 on the day. Bring on the next round.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I like your confidence Nomur :lol:
Ronnie's starting to worry me with his comments:

“We would love to get through to the fourth round but there is a difficult 90 minutes in the way. Hereford are as good as any side I have seen this season.

They have won 11 league and cup games away from home, including beating Leeds at Elland Road in the last round.

“We’ve got to give them a lot of respect."

If we don't play for 90 minutes, we could be in for a surprise. :whistle:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
This is a vitally important game for us. A cup run brings much-needed finance to the club, there's the prize money and always the possibility of getting a plum draw in the next round.

Hereford are doing well in their league this season, but if we play to our best we can beat them, but we'll need to especially as we're missing one or two or three ... (lol) key players.

Hoping to see a major part for Craig Curran to play. We've not seen enough of him recently imo and his burning pace and ability to score goals could be a real asset to our forward line. And with Myrie-Williams doubtful to be fit, Mike Jones has another chance to stake a claim. Didn't really do enough last time imo so maybe he can put the doubters to the side by starting to fulfil the potential he possesses.

Hopefully a big atmosphere inside Prenton, I know the Upper Kop is closed, I might be seeking warmth elsewhere, Main Stand perhaps??? Hopefully a decent ground, I expect Hereford might bring a fair few, so we need to make more noise and cheer the lads to the fourth round. Come on Rovers fans, but more important, come on Rovers!!! SWA!=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is setup for Curran to play. Honestly, play him on the wing now that Williams is probably not going to figure. He's the best winger we've got fit!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'd prefer to see Curran given a start up front. Imagine if he reproduced the goals from Brentford at home last season. A big game for both teams... We have home advantage but it sounds like Hereford's away record is good so its a tough one to call... too tough in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.