• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v gateshead

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wins for Shots, Sutton and Dover as expected.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We are going to have a fight on our hands for second or third place. The games against boreham and shots will be crucial. My gut instinct is we won't make it. Sutton five points ahead of us now.

Player
Manager
John King
Just out of interest, Macclesfield have a fixture pile-up following tonight's postponement, with a lot of travelling to the south of England. Their backlog could keep the title race interesting for a few weeks yet, not that we are in the best position to capitalise.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, the last few weeks are always interesting. Keep fighting Rovers!!

drwhoman

Looks like Dagenham’s financial problems are getting worse. We must get over the line on Sat!

Player
Manager
John King
The first of three rearranged matches against The Heed. Rain is forecast overnight and tomorrow morning, but given the good condition of the pitch I don't think the game is in doubt.

I don't see any reason why we would change the team that won on Saturday. We looked a bit ring rusty at Chester and we need to regain momentum, particularly Ben Tollitt, who continues his improvement. Depending on the state of the game, I would like to see Wallace get a good thirty minutes tomorrow night. If we could have him anywhere near match fitness going into the play offs, it would be a huge bonus.

With the two most difficult games of the run-in to follow, we need three points tomorrow night. Aldershot don't play and Sutton have a tricky trip to Halifax, so a victory will definitely take us in to the top three, possibly as high as second. I don't think we can catch Macclesfield, but if they are going to lose any of the final four games, Boreham Wood away looks the most likely.

Prediction: the City - Liverpool game will probably affect the gate, and I would guess just over 4,000 fans will see another Rovers victory.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Apologies,had forgotten there was already a thread on this...

After a workman-like performance earned Rovers the points at the Deva, next up is the visit of the Heed. The visitors have a worse fixture backlog than us and another game on Thursday. Former Rovers loanee Dan Johnson is probably out with an ankle and their squad is fairly stretched. A concern off-field too with the current owners putting the club up for sale. I'd expect they'd select a fairly strong defensive line-up, trying to keep it tight at the back and frustrate Rovers.

I would expect, injuries permitting, an unchanged starting xi from Rovers. No pre-match interview up yet, but there was a suggestion of Jeff Hughes picking up a knock. It would be a shame for him to miss out after what was apparently a very good performance on Saturday.

Prediction: Expecting this will be a low crowd, around 4k, with just a handful of travelling fans. Think Rovers should win this, but how comfortably?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure these home games are ever that comfortable but I do expect us to win. I'm going 3-1 as Norwood and Cook will be too much to handle.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would like to see Wallace get a good thirty minutes tomorrow night. If we could have him anywhere near match fitness going into the play offs, it would be a huge bonus.
Couldn't agree more with this. He has to be played for longer periods simply for fitness reasons otherwise he's useless to us. We need as many players as fit as possible heading into the playoffs.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The visitors have nothing except pride to play for and it’ll be a bonus for us if Danny Johnson is missing. Their dangerous winger Wes York is someone I’ve always thought could do a job for us.

I too expect an unchanged line up unless injuries. CJ has cramp on Saturday but suspect he’ll start.

Ideally we’re winning comfortably and Wallace can get some game time. Doesn’t always work out like that though.

Prediction: narrow win but hopefully not a frustrating evening against visitors who will probably park the bus somewhat.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I am hoping that the predicted attendances are a bit on the low side with having had no home game for a while added to the ticket sales for the scheduled date. 4.5k and a 2-1 win would make the journey home a pleasant one.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Finishing second is in our own hands. We are best placed to catch Macc, but even if we win all of our last six matches, they would have to lose two or draw three of their last four. This is an unlikely but still possible combination. All we can do is keep winning and hoping.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lots of rain today.. :rolleyes:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unable to make this one, usual issues with work and midweek games. However, the forecast suggests no rain from mid-afternoon onwards, so hopefully it will go ahead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it seems to be passing now.

Player
Manager
John King
Apparently the game was at serious risk, but the dry spell this afternoon has saved us.

Player
Manager
John King
Harris in for Hughes who must be injured. Traore and cole added to the bench.