• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v FGR

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
York holding out was what I was looking for! That result deprived
us of the "stunning" full house.
Lincoln still need to lose two games more than us in the run in and the season may yet go to the last week.
York will give it their all over the Trophy two legs and Lincoln won't be looking at those fixtures in the same way they were yesterday.
Tonight's postponement may result in a rearranged game close to the death which would be a blemish on our seemingly negotiable run in.
But as Boz alludes to, tonight shows every team is capable of upsetting the applecart.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great night really and puts pressure on those around us. It's amazing when you think there are still 42 points to play for!

M

Mal

York holding out was what I was looking for! That result deprived
us of the "stunning" full house.
Lincoln still need to lose two games more than us in the run in and the season may yet go to the last week.
York will give it their all over the Trophy two legs and Lincoln won't be looking at those fixtures in the same way they were yesterday.
Tonight's postponement may result in a rearranged game close to the death which would be a blemish on our seemingly negotiable run in.
But as Boz alludes to, tonight shows every team is capable of upsetting the applecart.

I think they can draw three and we win the corresponding three to overtake. Drawing is almost as bad as losing. Look at Barrow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed, there's nothing more annoying than a draw. Well, apart from a defeat!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
According to my calculations (I may be mistaken), our next 4 games are away from home partly due to FA Trophy involvement.

This will mean 6 out of our last 9 games will be at PP.

Exciting times !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm still a little bit concerned about the number of games we've got coming up. In the next two months we've pretty much got two games a week.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is exactly the same for Lincoln though, and our squad probably has more depth.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I hope the Chester pitch drains well.

At this rate we'll be looking at another rearranged fixture as more rain due tonight and Friday day time.

Player
Manager
John King
It is forecast to tip it down for a couple of hours just prior to kick off on Friday, which is worrying.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A postponement of the Chester game is the last thing we need!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is forecast to tip it down for a couple of hours just prior to kick off on Friday, which is worrying.
Fortunately, weather forecasts are rarely that accurate, especially timings so far ahead. But if the game is called off, it would be really unlucky as for once we are in such a rich vein of form.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
According to my calculations (I may be mistaken), our next 4 games are away from home partly due to FA Trophy involvement.
However, three are at Chester, Macclesfield and Barrow - not too far.
This will mean 6 out of our last 9 games will be at PP.

Exciting times !
This is my reason for hope, as we are really strong at home where we have dropped fewer points than anyone else. All the games are winnable, compared to last season when our form at PP was dire and probably cost us promotion.

By the way, although we are still five points behind Lincoln and have played the same number of games, we have played one game fewer at home. Although it's still Lincoln's title to lose, I am still optimistic we can do it.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Curiously given those stats, a lot of our better performances have come away from home.

Player
Manager
John King
Our biggest victories and most expansive football have come away from home, but under Mellon we have been excellent at grinding results out at prenton park. A lot of people wrongly assume our home form is poor purely because some home matches have not been scintillating entertainment.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Curiously given those stats, a lot of our better performances have come away from home.
Yes, you are right. In the league we have won three games away by a three-goal margin and none so convincingly at home. In fact, eight of our eleven home wins have been by a single goal.

drwhoman

I imagine we score more away because the opposition is more willing to play rather than simply park the bus. Players may also feel more relaxed than when playing in front of a home crowd that inevitably will expect a home win.