• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Ebbsfleet (Play Offs)

Player
aldo
who ever we play lets hope for an injury or two or a red card to there better players . oh and ex time and pens again . cant belive fleet only came up yesterday morning and not the night b4 crazy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looking like borehamwood who are 2-0 up against a poor Sutton.

The final could be the team with the lowest average attendance against the team with the highest. David v Goliath

Player
aldo
as long as we play loads better than we did the other week we cant be as bad again . . we need to go at em no messing abt and just do it

Player
aldo
they had a few injuries to bye the looks of it . we need to get the boys to watch the video of are defeat there to remind them . think it could be a great idea to get one of the training pitches to the same size as the wembley pitch an get them drilled using the width and space . wonder if the wood will take 1000 when they avg 656

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Big Morgan ferrier was missing but they have a lot of pace and guile with Andrade and Balanta.

Will be a very tough game but we need to be mentally strong more than anything

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The pitch at Wembley is smaller than several in our league including Chester its not that big, Borehamwood have a few injuries including Andrade who went off with suspected hamstring injury

M

Mal

As far as I know, Wembley is 75 by 115, Chester 71.5 by 112 , tranmere 72 by 112

Wembley is a class 4 size which is the top rating

Player
aldo
what a shame if they have some injuries we dont want that to happen we want them to bring a strong team . not

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Ebbsfleet travelled up the day before the game and stayed in a hotel in Chester.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought that the selection of Dunn as a sub was surprising for the reasons already given and am sorry if querying it offends you.

Wasn’t aware that you went to all the reserve games. Who are the best prospects and likely to get offered pro deals? I hadn’t even heard of Walker-Rice who came on during the Solihull game, as very out of the loop on reserve matters.
I attended all of the Senior Cup games this season, the only official reserve games we have now we don't have a reserve team. I don't know much about the youngsters, other than the ones you would be aware of already.

Neither Green or Dunn are really good enough, and in the bigger scheme of things I just don't think it mattered who we selected.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Big Morgan ferrier was missing but they have a lot of pace and guile with Andrade and Balanta.

Will be a very tough game but we need to be mentally strong more than anything
I did not see the game today, but I noticed that Ferrier and Kane Smith, who caused us a lot of problems with his runs from full back, were both missing through injury today. I hope they don't feature next week but I don't have any idea of the extent of the injuries ?

Borhem Wood were the team I feared most of all the play off sides. They play with a front three who operate between the lines and that caused McNulty and Sutton to constantly get dragged out of position when we played them away a few weeks ago. We will have to be better defensively than we were that day if we are to beat them.

Hopefully Andrade will miss out next week as well.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think it was a McNulty-Monthe central defensive pairing with Sutton recalled after the away loss and both Boreham Wood goals featured defenders out of position. Can’t recall how we lined up at home, but their first goal was a penalty following a quick break. Them and Fylde were the sides I wanted to avoid.

In the opening stages of Saturday’s game, it seemed the defenders were left exposed and pulled out of shape, rather like last sesson’s Final.

M

Mal

hopefully there will not be a pitch full of snow as there was a few weeks back, and it was below freezing when the chill factor of wind was taken into account...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Always a bit unsure when Monthe plays but I thought he did OK when he came on.

Player
aldo
as i said get the training pitch to match wembley and drill em get josh g to run at em and cole to also get the macc vid on the bus that should do the trick to get em fired up

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Anyone else see the Ebbs team mingling on Borough Road after the game?

Player
Manager
John King
Nicola tweeted that we had sold 8,000 this afternoon. No doubt a few more have been sold since then.