• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v (Donny)Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A tough game to follow our defeat at Bournemouth, given the visitors have done quite well on recent trips to PP. I can remember the 0-2 in McAteer's one game as caretaker and losing 2-4, in a game where Dadi was sent off as the visitors sang "where's your Dadi gone" in the Little era.

Also the return of Tranmere hero Iain Hume, in a side who seem well-equipped in the attacking front with Billy Paynter and David Cotterill in their line-up.

Expect we'll get some injury up-dates as to whether Bell-Baggie, Robinson and loanee Jervis are fit to start. Things have gone quiet on the Robbo front lately, suggesting he may not be making the rapid recovery once indicated. I'd hope that we stick with a settled back four given the attacking threat from our opponents rather than pushing Zoum forward.

Prediction: With the kids for a quid offer coupled with a reasonable travelling support, hopefully the crowd will push over the 5k mark.
In terms of result, it's important to get something out of this one. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, so score draw is most likely.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
jervis out for 2 weeks, tough game this but think we will nick it 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The BBC website reports that Thompson and Robinson are both available, but I am not sure if that is correct. If true, Robbo's return would be massive for us and well timed.

Tomorrow's game is arguably the biggest of the season for us now, as our reaction to Saturday could well determine how the next couple of months develop and have a massive impact on our season.

I agree that Doncaster look a useful side and are particularly strong away from home; three victories and only one defeat on their travels so far. Their win over Brentford pushed them up to 7th with a game in hand, so they seem to be gathering some momentum.

Depending on who is available, I wonder if RM will be tempted to play Bell Baggie just behind Cassidy as he has suggested on occasions, to compensate for a lack of pace in the striking positions ?

M

Mal

One site reports that Doncaster have majority of their first choice defenders unavailable. They are looking to bring in a Premiership player in on loan. Not sure how true that report is.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My inclination would be to keep Robinson, who's one card away from a ban, until the Preston game, when his ability to unlock a side should prove useful. While I doubt it will happen, there is also an argument for putting a more defensively-minded midfielder into the centre of the park, given our opponents attacking strength.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
ABB in the middle would not end well.

My inclination would be to keep Robinson, who's one card away from a ban, until the Preston game, when his ability to unlock a side should prove useful. While I doubt it will happen, there is also an argument for putting a more defensively-minded midfielder into the centre of the park, given our opponents attacking strength.

We're top of the league and we're at home. They can react to our attacking strength, we should continue to do what we've done all season and take the game to them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ultimately, it didn't make any difference and I think Ronnie was also right to start Robbo.. However, we haven't got the same attacking options with JLAA out and as this game showed our chances to conversions isn't as good now.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
ABB in the middle would not end well.

We're top of the league and we're at home. They can react to our attacking strength, we should continue to do what we've done all season and take the game to them.

We despaeratly need a more experenced midfield player ...

bring in Goddison along side ash T ...

We need to be more street wise now..pre season and begining matches are over and its a mans game out there ..still can,t get over you lot re Lucas atkins ...no body mentions are nearest rivals and LA considerable contribution there.

Seems some of you are not keen on JT ..LA was never that poor imo..!
[-X

Status
Not open for further replies.