• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Daggers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't believe there should be any 'sacred cows' but to remove McNulty from the team would mean dismantling a defence whose record has been superb for most of the last year. I am just wary of dropping such an influential player on the back of three or four poor performances, where the team as a whole has not performed, not just the defence. If our previously good defensive record was due in part to having Maynard or Harris in the side, all the more reason to restore them to the team as I have suggested previously.

You make a valid point about the team as a whole playing deeper under Brabin, which made life easier for McNulty. However, in MM's unbeaten first ten games we played a pressing game and got on the front foot, yet McNulty looked comfortable. Equally, his previous clubs must have been quite adventurous going forward but McNulty was still able to perform in them. At 32 he is hardly past it for a defender, and I doubt he is any slower than he was two years ago when he was judged one of the best defenders in the division above.

Time will tell regarding Mangan. I like him and hope he comes good again, but he is struggling badly at the moment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think its a bit unfair to single out Mangan. He is struggling but so are all the forwards. The constant tinkering is not helping.

Kelti5

Player
Pat Nevin
Boz has justifiably raised raised fitness as an issue related to our recent poor form. I would simply add that Wallace has the potential to improve his fitness levels whereas McNulty is unlikely to improve. We use attacking wing backs which leaves any lack of mobility in defence open to exploitation by a counter-attacking side, this may be linked to our poor showings at home when pushing forward up-field is prioritised. Canny managers like John Still will and do target weakness in mobility as was seen on Saturday. I agree with RLC that we haven't got many defensive options, unlike midfield and up front where there are plenty but I would argue that an increasingly heavy and slowing McNulty cannot be our future.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hope I'm wrong but what odds that at half time Lincoln have scored 2 or 3 at Solihull whilst we're struggling at Woking.