• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Crewe

Rovers v Crewe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am attending this game through gritted teeth.

Mellon had little interest in the League Cup, so I would guess he has zero interest in this bastardised competition, other than as a training exercise for fringe players.

I think the team will be something like this:

George
Caprice Ellis Monthe Zoum
DMH Harris Gilmour Tollitt / Cole
Mullin Stockton

However, it is possible that Cole will be played up front off Mullin and Stockton will be rested. I just hope we avoid any injuries.

I don't actually think the crowd will be all that low tomorrow night (relatively speaking), but hopefully it will plumb the depths for the Man City U21 game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m undecided about going depending on other plans. I hope RLC is right about his team as many of those players need a full 90 minutes to give Micky some decisions to make in the games ahead. Wonder if Buxton May feature if available

Player
Manager
John King
I did wonder about Buxton, but I don't think he will be risked just yet.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting to see what sort of team we put out tomorrow night and how many show up given the concerns about this competition. It wouldn't totally surprise me if we fielded a stronger xi than the League Cup game v Walsall, as there are financial inducements for progressing

In terms of team selection, we have to select 4 outfield 'regulars' In terms of key players, McNulty, Banks and Norwood and Jennings are those who we most need for the league, so should be rested. I would look at a side something like;

George
Caprice Ellis Monthe Zoum
Tollitt Harris McCulloch Cole
Stockton Mullin

Unsure how close Buxton is to match fitness, if anywhere near, he should get some time off the bench. In central midfield, would rest McCulloch if there were other options, but we lack depth there.

Not expecting a great turnout, about 1.5k?

Ian, if you can delete my thread, started just after RLC, have copied content above.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I forgot about Gilmour, so would have instead of McCulloch. It's more important that our players Tollitt/Cole get game time here than DMH who's on loan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I am attending this game through gritted teeth.
Same here. I wasn't going to go, however it doesn't feel right when there's a game on at Prenton park and I'm sitting at home. Let's just hope it's a decent game and we get some good performances from the fringe players.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Don’t think you guys are a million miles away from the starting XI & would be disappointed if you are! Yeah, Bucko travelled on Saturday so he should either start & be withdrawn or off the bench. Chopper Harris needs match time. Shame due to Sutton & Gumbs long term injuries Monthe & Ellis (2 of the required 4) will have to play? Actually, not so bad if they don’t get injured!

Player
aldo
im not there work is calling . so will get twitter up dates . lets hope we get some goals and good performances

drwhoman

Ah Chopper Harris! Chelsea around 1970. Ron 'Chopper" Harris. He provided the grunt for the likes of Hollins. Osgood and Cook. A good team in those days even before the TV money arrived. Hope Jay is less rash in future. With a small squad we need him available.

Player
Manager
John King
It is noticeable that there have been absolutely no tweets from the Trust advertising this game in the last few days. Fair play to them for that.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is it just the main stand and paddock open for this one?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Disappointed Tollitt doesn’t start, good news Buxton is fit again.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
As I expected with the exception of Ben, thought he’d start. Clearly DMH getting a good run out is priority.

Player
Manager
John King
We have been much the better side but it was a defensive horror show for the goal, George at fault. Mullin has done OK but has missed two sitters.

Player
Manager
John King
Cracking strike from Harris and I am pleased for Cole. We have played well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, grown into the game and Crewe look pretty ordinary. I missed Stockton’s goal getting a hot dog! I don’t believe he has scored until I actually see it with my own eyes ;) good goal I believe?

Player
aldo
So happy cole has scored now lets see some more from him sounds like mullin playing well . Great to have some other scorers.