• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Colchester

Rovers v Colchester
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 8, 2018 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 8, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Excellent summary by RLC. I have a lot of sympathy for Jennings. He is arguably our most complete player but is struggling to play out of position. It was really noticeable on Saturday that a number of times he was forced onto his left foot to cross or keep momentum in a passage of play. I'm not sure how we address this without changing formation as RLC suggests. However, that would mean that we potentially have a whole flock of right wingers on the bench assuming that Caprice would play right wing back. It is a bit of a conundrum for sure.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Smith seems like a confidence player to me. If we are doing well in a game and it's flowing, he generally plays well. If the chips are down and we need players to really dig in, Smith goes missing. He reminds me a bit of Mekki too in that he seems to fade as the game goes on.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
We are doing ok, but not keen on the 4-4-2 Big reliance on Nors for goals and possibilities we can get over-run in midfield. Can still fit Jennings in new system as previously mentioned, although Gilmour doesn't give the ball away either and would do equally for me - and I think L.Cole is a clever player with pace - would be hard to pick up. As it stands the opposition centre backs don't have to go looking for Norwood's current partner.

Davies

McCulloch, Mc Nulty, Monthe

Caprice, Banks, Harris, Gilmour/Jennings, Zoum

L. Cole - or (Smith/Tollit) - behind Nors

Norwood

drwhoman

Maybe Buxton at the back and McCulloch in midfield in place of Harris? BTW Wordpress looks good Ian!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we went three at the back, Ellis is also an option, not sure if McCulloch has played as a defender? Jennings is also capable of playing in the hole behind Norwood. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of Cole as an impact sub, as he can make things happen and give the opposition something to think about.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I like Cole, would be nice to see him used a bit more. Regarding Jennings, I think he’s struggling out wide now. We need to get him in the middle somehow.
Did anyone else think our crossing was poor on Saturday? There were plenty of opportunities to get the ball into the box and we couldn’t get it past the first man at times.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, agree re crosses. There was Zoum’s for the Norwood offside goal and Nors for Jennings which were decent balls into the box. Caprice was a culprit, got into good positions for crossing but the final ball was often lacking.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Smith seems like a confidence player to me. If we are doing well in a game and it's flowing, he generally plays well. If the chips are down and we need players to really dig in, Smith goes missing. He reminds me a bit of Mekki too in that he seems to fade as the game goes on.
I generally agree, although Smith is a much better player than Mekki.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I was gonna make the Mekki comparison a couple of weeks ago in terms of stamina but decided against it as there is a different skill factor between the two.