• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chester

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The Norwood one-on-one in the first half and Mottley-Henry's chance should definitely have been put away; absolute sitters really. On both occasions we hit the keeper, rather than the keeper having to make a save.

The McDonagh chance was a terrible miss, but Lynch did actually make it difficult for him by sprinting from his line and narrowing the angle.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m reluctant to be too critical of the Mottley-Henry header, he tried to do the right thing and head it downward, but didn’t have the power or positioning.

McDonagh’s miss wasn’t quite as bad as it initially looked, but Lynch had committed himself early and so there were other options.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’m reluctant to be too critical of the Mottley-Henry header, he tried to do the right thing and head it downward, but didn’t have the power or positioning.
Like I said previously, Mottley-Henry did well to be in there in the first place. McDonagh probably would have got a penalty if he had gone round the keeper.