• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Cards

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I really enjoyed the highlights. Nice to have 12 minutes with a proper commentary by a former White Review member, assisted by Andy Doyle and Ben Tollitt. Some of our football was excellent. We were very sharp and this is the most skillful side we've had for many years. It will take a really good side or a very cynical side assisted by a poor referee to stop us at home.

drwhoman

I agree BBTC. I hope MM does not indulge in too much tinkering with the attack. On referees, they appear to be quite erratic which is a concern. A case in point in the highlights was the cynical tackle on Dunn when he was through in the second half. The ref gave the defender a yellow. The guy last Saturday would probably have given him a red!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought the last man challenge on Dunn should have been red, as while there is an argument he wasn't in full control of the ball, it certainly wasn't running away from him. There was also a cynical chop on Jay Harris by the near touchline, only deemed worthy of a yellow. This from the same official, who gave Buxton a straight red for less last season.

Think we've got to accept that there are going to be some poor decisions going against us and get on with it.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Dunn tackle should certainly have been a red. He was through on goal with only the keeper to beat. At least it did not cost us.

I agree with Boz that we will get some poor decisions against us, but equally we will get away with some dodgy play. It may or may not balance out, but we have to accept it. The last thing we should do is blame the officials when we lose, as this creates the wrong mentality in the team by giving them a ready made excuse. Let's face it, if the referees were better, they would be officiating in the EFL, just as with the standard of the players.