• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Braintree

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Should make for an interesting game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Regarding Dover, I very much doubt they will park the bus. They need a victory to stay in contention for the play-offs and it seems to be all or nothing with them: they either thrash teams or lose heavily.
Only a point or two behind Aldershot and Gateshead but with two games in hand, Dover are handily placed to move into the top five. I think they would be delighted with a point. Although they have been involved in some very one-sided games, there have also been close games recently including a 0-0.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Most of what I've read about Collins suggests he's mainly a forward though. Perhaps, like Mangan, he's capable of filling in out wide, but if match-fit, Sousa as the natural wide player you would expect could do a better job.

I didn't think Braintree set out totally defensively, they broke quickly and had players supporting their main forwards. As we saw last season, Dover are good at cynical and niggly, so while their players are have more quality, I'm not sure their game plan will differ greatly.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I didn't think Braintree set out totally defensively, they broke quickly and had players supporting their main forwards. As we saw last season, Dover are good at cynical and niggly, so while their players are have more quality, I'm not sure their game plan will differ greatly.

I agree. You would have expected Braintree to come here and defend, but as they are desperate for points at this stage of the season, they did not. I think Dover will be the same.