• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Borehamwood

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think after a handful of games albeit not very good ones it's a bit premature mentioning relegation. What MM needs to do is play his best players and they'll do the business. It's not a great patch at the moment but we'll come out of it.
Yes, you are right, although there is no room for complacency.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'll try not to repeat what has already been said. At the same time, I'll try to dispel some of the gloom. I am hoping and in fact I'm confident, that the last twenty minutes yesterday are the turning point for the season. Our terrible start may be down to several things - Wembley hangover, change of personnel, burden of massive expectation and mounting pressure of being unable to score. Not helped admittedly by the bizarre treatment of Cook. I would hope now that Micky, Andy, the rest of the team and the fans can now move forward as one.

Yes, we may be just a point about the relegation zone but equally remarkably we are only six points (two wins) from the top of the table. Ironically, if we had only matched last season's results this time around we would have been four points clear! There are still 40 more games to go. Plenty of time to catch up. The joint leaders are no Lincolns. Daggers have drawn half their games, while Sutton have already lost twice.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's far too early to look at league positions. Plenty of ups and downs to go yet.

Dave dutton

Player
Connor jennings
Just going back to Saturdays game surely we should have gone in for a young centre half with a bit of pace as these teams I think are studying us more than we are looking at them.For me even a loan signing has got to be looked at because in my opinion we have not really played a top team yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

It doesn't look like their player handballed it just before they broke away for the pen.

His hand is raised, but it looks like it hits the crossbar without touching his hand.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
surely we should have gone in for a young centre half with a bit of pace
Hi Dave. This was a discussion we had a while back to fill the hole left by Ihiekwe. We are hopelessly exposed by pace when a team can break quickly just like when Andrade ran past McNulty who then pulled him down for the pen.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is not just about a lack of pace at centre back. The lack of protection from midfield was woeful until Harris came on and I would blame the second goal on the midfield trio rather than mcnulty. Regarding the penalty incident, it is an irrelevance to me. No team should be able to break away and score as easily against as, regardless of whether it was handball or not.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
McNultys lack of pace was exposed for the first goal and whilst he had zero protection from the midfield, was turned easily by Balanta for the second. He's a big unit.

What annoys me is the likes of Andy Doyle going on about injustices and it's all the refs fault and it was a blatant handball. I think I'm surrounded by Andy Doyles in the JK stand. They spend all game blaming the officials (who admittadly aren't great) however the players can do no wrong.

Take those rose tinted specs off and get real. We are in this god awful division because we deserve to be. The players/management need to knuckle down and get on with it and stop trying to blame other people.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'll have to look at that footage re the handball incident when back home in front of the computer. Couldn't be certain in match-time, but their manager reportedly said it was handball. Sometimes the officials are at fault, but agree with Ian that it's more often than not down to the team and tactics when we lose.

The lack of pace at the back is a concern. It can be countered to some extent by defending further forward. However only Harris of the midfield regulars has much of an engine and on what we've seen so far, Norburn is a downgrade on Maynard in that aspect of his game. A Craig Curran ankle-biting forward wouldn't go amiss either. Further consideration is needed as to who is the man left back when we defend corners, but don't think McNulty fits the bill. Think we used Lee Vaughan on occasion last season, so maybe Ridehalgh/Duggan though unsure Buxton would work.