• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Barrow

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You are correct Boz re Dunn. He was lively and hopefully will have some confidence from his showing.

Still don't think we create enough in open play though and unless Micky gets a settled side I'm not sure things will change. We've beaten 3 poor sides in Woking, Solihull & Barrow - the real tests will come.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If there was a belief that lady luck hasn't shined on us recently, she was there in blazing glory today.
We really should have gone in at break three down.
Scottie, unusually, was hesitant for their chance that Sutton miraculously cleared off line and probably for the third when it was toe poked past the post and and empty goal.
But the balls should have been dealt with by the defence who looked like strangers to each other in first half.
If we'd have have scored their goal and had it disallowed we'd have been livid. Saw absolutely nothing wrong. A big let off.
Thought Cook had been booked after his first squirmish when ref showed two yellows so expected him to walk when he lunged at their player making a clearance.
The subs were a difficult call for MM. There had to be changes and thankfully the result was secured.
Dunn was good, lively and direct which ruffled Barrow.
Norwood was perhaps lucky not to go off but what great strength and determination for his goal. Tremendous stuff, and you know the impact the goal has had when you see half a dozen of their lads prostate on the floor.
Difficult to judge Waring, though probably did more than Alabi has done as a sub.
Norburn - best game for a while. Wanted the ball, regularly involved and forced two great saves from their keeper.
Bucko - great fan of him and he raided the right wing in second half to great effect.
Don't think McEvely adjusted to this league yet (though are we!). He doesn't seem to attack the ball and player 100%. It's as though he plays for 'the second ball' i.e. let him have it and I'll defend from that.
Good comments from MM and the club about the noise second half. Drummers worked up a sweat first half as usual with little vocal assistance.
But second half, when there was stuff on the pitch that had us taking our feet off the seat in front, the crowd rallied. And for me Dunn's introduction and his direct approach was a catalyst, some compliment from me who hasn't been his biggest fan. Can't wait for Tollitt to have us off our seats.
So - 14th is it and five points off the top?
Unbelievable really.
At least the vultures circling MM have returned to roost (for now).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I felt there was a lot of tension within the team desperate for a goal.

Honestly, we didn't test the keeper enough which is a recurring theme this season and I just don't think this system works.

I don't think we are getting the best out of the players we have. Look at Dunn. As RLC highlights, he looked much better playing behind the front two.

Why do we use Sutton to play the ball out from the back? His distribution is awful.

The front two got nothing from their team mates today. That's not right.

However the support we gave them in the second half was superb and the players did keep going right to the end.

As it is now, I have no confidence in the team and how we are playing. Just don't know what to expect from one week to the next.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Whatever happens, no excuses if we don't win on Tuesday

Player
aldo
Lets hope mm keeps to 442 . Let dunn loose and more of wearing . Cant wait for tollitt to be back and when talking to him at the sola campus openingthe other week it wont be long . He is so chomping at the bit to get going

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why do we use Sutton to play the ball out from the back? His distribution is awful.

I commented on this during the game. McNulty and McEveley are both comfortable on the ball, so it is crazy for Sutton to be bringing the ball out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

That was a decent goal by Norwood to hold off their defender and slot it into the corner.

And those two long range shots from Norburn where excellent. Not sure why their goal was disallowed?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes Ian - Nors showed his strength and determination - an excellent goal.

Norburns efforts were decent although I expect the keeper to save them as he hit them from quite far out and the keeper had a bit of time to see them. He should definately be playing forward though as he has a goal in him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Tremendous goal by Norwood, made out of nothing. Incredible strength, speed and persistence after playing for 95 minutes. As he ran through he was pulled back by a defender. If he hadn't scored, would the ref have awarded a penalty?