• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Barrow

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another home game pops up against a managerless Barrow side who lie 2 places and 1 point above us. The Bluebirds have lost 2 and drawn 2 from their 4 away games this season and surely this is an opportunity to get back to winning ways. Dover was never going to be easy but Barrow is surely a more winnable game.

That said, Barrows last game saw a decent home win against Boreham Wood who we just about got a point against so they will be no push overs.

The squad remains fit apart from the long terms. Tollit free to have contact football and should be back in 3-4 weeks, Kirby still weeks away, Wallace is way off.

Will Micky ring the changes? Surely Buxton will come back in but I thought that against Dover. Will he put CJ in the middle 3 and leave out one of Hughes, Harris or Norburn? Will Mangan keep his place or will Nors return? Is he tempted to give Dunn or Alabi another try? Questions questions however given MM thinks our only problem is scoring goals, it wouldn't surprise me if he resists changes other than up top. I still think we need more creativity in this side hence personally I'd go 5-3-2 and bring in Buxton for Mitch, CJ for Hughes and Norwood for Mangan. But who knows.

Prediction: a 2-0 win for rovers. Hopefully an attendance over 4,000 but this may be because of the travelling fans.

Another game without a win will surely see a few more vultures circling over the dug out as that'll be almost 10 games in.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't look forward to matches much these days.

Under their previous manager Barrow were a side we consistently struggled against, particularly away from home. Although Cox has departed, I would still expect them to be big and uncompromising, and this will probably be another unattractive affair. The Bluebirds lost key players such as Livesey and Bennett in the summer and don't look as strong as last season. However, in our current form I don't really fancy us to beat anybody at this level, particularly not an organised, physical side.

In terms of selection, I would start with Jennings ahead of Norburn in midfield and play Cook and Norwood up front in a 532. I would also give Buxton a try at right wing back, as we won't know for certain whether he can cope in that position until he has played a few games there. Barrow generally bring at least a couple of hundred fans which, added to the youngsters discount, should keep the gate above 4,000.

With two games following next week, I am hoping, praying for a victory to finally turn things for us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No idea why but think we will win this 2 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As RLC says, Barrow lost some good players in the summer, their best players currently are the giant French defender Diarra and forward Jordan White, whose career has mainly been spent down the lower reaches of the Scottish League. Their management situation is a bit strange with Marcus Bignot, ex-Solihull boss helping out their caretaker boss, but he's apparently interested in the Chester job.

If, as MM suggests, the fault is primarily with the finishing, don't recall Cook or Mangan having any decent chances last weekend, so they should keep their places. I'd probably also replace Norburn with Connor Jennings although he didn't make much impression when coming on as a sub in the Dover game I would start Buxton, probably at wing-back and while it won't happen, would try Gumbs in the back three.

I'll be missing this one and the pair of southern away games that follow, but by the time of the Wrexham game things should be a lot clearer. Expect there will be a couple of hundred fans from Barrow to bump up the crowd a little, probably around 4.2k. This is our best chance of a win in the next three and hopefully we can deliver.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
However he does it, want to see MM starting Bucko and CJ.
Bucko's footballing feet and brain more than compensate for his perceived lack of pace. He's no Bolt but I don't think he's the slouch some of us make out.
CJ covers more grass than anyone and is due a goal or two.
Has CJ ever played up top? Not a target man by any means but see him as a Barlow type striker?
But that would likely mean Nors splinter picking and I'm not sure I want that. Who'd be a manager!
And Waring......has he even been near the team bath yet?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm actually visiting Liverpool tomorrow but frustratingly can't get to PP as I have to be leave there early.

Re the result, they are getting harder to predict. My combination of gut feel and optimism has let me down thus far. However, I'm giving the latter one more chance and going for 2-0 or 3-1.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't look forward to matches much these days.
Your certainly not the only one!

I think we'll struggle tomorrow against a poor but physical side as we always do. Here's hoping we snatch a goal.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Realiy can't see the game being on today. Rained a lot last night and it's due all day

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Realiy can't see the game being on today. Rained a lot last night and it's due all day
That would be a shame as think now is a good time to be playing Barrow, a couple of their players banned and think there's a bit of an injury crisis.

Player
Manager
John King
The club have tweeted that there are no plans for a pitch inspection. So we have got another goal fest to look forward to......

Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
Wonder if they will still use the sprinklers on the grass . Just in case its not wet enough lol . Hears to a great game an a dig win

Player
aldo
Duggan an mangan dropped . Still playin same formation. Hope norburn is better today been poor recently. And hughes needs to get stuck in . Harris does most of the running and needs help . Would like jennings to play instead of norburn .

Player
Manager
John King
We are right to start with Buxton but I don't know why Jennings is not featuring. We need his creativity in this system.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't understand why Duggan isn't on the bench. 2 attacking midfielders and 2 forwards means Micky's trademark lack of balance amongst the subs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nice sunny day at PP! Come on Rovers!!

Player
aldo
God this is bad . Im so happy i cant be there today. It sounds shocking. Same crap anoher game