• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v afc fylde

Player
aldo
Well its are first ever game an im gutted to miss it if we keep mr rowe quiet an keep going the way we are im confodent of another 3/4 goals not being greedy but 6/7 would be great to

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Think it will be quite close but I see us winning 2 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
With a double header against Fylde with Guiseley at home in between, we have a real chance of going on a winning run.

Challinor will want his side to do themselves justice at PP but if we can keep Rowe quiet, altho he can score from anywhere, then we should have enough to cause them plenty of problems.

Don't expect any changes altho Mickey has said he'll tweak things if he thinks they need freshening up.

Prediction: comfortable home win.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think this will be a tougher game than it appears from Fylde's league position. They are in decent form and have a real threat in Danny Lowe as Sparky mentions, although their second best player, midfielder Sam Finley, is suspended for this game. Fylde try to play football so it should be a decent match.

I would not expect any changes unless certain players reacted badly to the 3G at Sutton. If we are to build on Saturday's brilliant result, we really need nine points from the next three games. Tough, but achievable.

Prediction: narrow home win, watched by a crowd of 5,500 - 6,000, with 200-250 from Lancashire.

Player
aldo
Will be great to see a good crowd . Am truly gutted with missing another home game not been 4 ages. Seen the goals from sutton the first 2 where magnificent . Still wont to be greedy 6/7 . But will settle for 1or 2 nill

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
6 or 7 AM! That’s certainly optimistic. We seem to be averaging 2 or 3 at the moment. If the defence have a solid game I can see this ending up 3-0.

Player
aldo
Yes i am optimistic we are scoring goals for fun . And starting to get them . From all over the park . We are creating loads chances someone is gonna get a good battering soon . Its coming . But just a w in will do lets get connor j scoring again he needs to add more goals and so does Norborn and noorwood

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Family commitments mean I’ll miss this one. Agree with RLC that barring injury, we will start with the same xi as Sutton. Expecting Rovers to edge the game in front of a crowd of just under 6k.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Comfortable lead at half time with Richie Sutton banging a few in. Also saved a certain goal other end of the pitch. He’s having a good day!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Somewhat tepid first half rescued by Superman Ritchie Sutton! Two goals, two clearances.
The latter don't accurately suggest we've been in any difficulty defensively.
CJ has been everywhere, good shift up to now from Ollie N.
Into the Kop next half, hopefully some more goals.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Halftime scores put us sixth, six points behind Macc with a game in hand. I'd settle for that in an hour.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
For a side that once couldn't score goals, we've now got the best goal difference in the division.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We gained some ground today. It would have been better but most of our rivals fought back from losing positions, most notably Macclesfield. But Sutton's thrashing of Boreham Wood emphasises how well we played on Saturday.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A comfortable and deserved victory. The scoreline perhaps does not tell the full story, as we were flat for periods of the first half and the visitors had
a fair amount of possession with their extra man in midfield. After the break Fylde battled well and Rowe was a constant nuisance. However, when we did get our football going we were clearly the better side and we are lethal in front of goal at the moment.

Individually, I thought Banks was outstanding again in the first half, completely dictating the play in midfield for long periods. Connor Jennings is back to his best, energetic and full of running and produced two superb strikes from the edge of the eighteen yard box. However, I agreed with the sponsors' choice of Ritchie Sutton as man of the match. He had an incredible game: two goals, the second of which came in a 90 second spell where he scored, cleared a goalbound shot from Rowe and then produced another dramatic, saving header. I was pleased for him, as he has been a real unsung hero this season.

It was a pity that Macclesfield won to keep the gap to first place at eight points, but they have been pretty inconsistent and could drop points in the next couple of weeks. We just have to keep plugging away and remain patient.

Great to see a good crowd of 6,500 plus in Prenton Park, the highest number of home fans for a match this season. Confidence is building on and off the pitch.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
However, when we did get our football going we were clearly the better side and we are lethal in front of goal at the moment.
I think this was the crucial aspect of today’s game. Had we not been so clinical in front of goal, the score may have been closer but Jennings took his two remarkably well and really pleased for Sutton who deserved the accolades.

Like I said before the game, we are averaging 2/3 goals a game and we’ve hit really good form so we just have to keeping plugging away. The gap is getting smaller and we are closing in on the top six.

Keep it going boys!!