• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ronnie had Liam Davies on the bench a few times, but he was incredibly unlucky with injuries and never made a first team
appearance. Think his brother/cousin plays for Everton

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ronnie had Liam Davies on the bench a few times, but he was incredibly unlucky with injuries and never made a first team
appearance. Think his brother/cousin plays for Everton

Yes, Tom Davies, who is very good indeed.

Great news regarding Gibson, who was brilliant for us in 2012-13.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Nice to see Ben Gibson has been called up to the England squad. A proper centre back who has gone from strength to strength since he left us.

Back to our league, I noticed Chester signed Liam Davies on a contract to the end of the season who was released by us last summer. Don't think he ever got any sort of chance with us if I remember rightly and can't picture him.
I'm pleased for Ben. We did really well with him in the side, but fell away badly after he returned to Boro after his loan ended in mid-season.

I don't know much about Liam except that he had a bad injury which kept him out for a while. He was released soon after.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ex-loanee Matthew Pennington scored today for Everton in the Merseyside derby. Sadly for him, his team lost and apart from the goal he had a difficult game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Best wishes go to ex rover Joe Thompson who now back at Rochdale but has sadly been diagnosed with cancer for a second time.
Heard Joe talking on the radio tonight about scoring the goal that kept Rochdale in League One (and relegated Oldham!). He also spoke from the heart about his battle with cancer. Heartwarming stuff.

Player
Manager
John King
James Alabi still has not scored for Orient, and received a straight red card today after coming on as a substitute.....

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolutely useless, although according to him would have no problem playing at Championship level :rolleyes: I can see him back at Chester before long.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
James Alabi still has not scored for Orient, and received a straight red card today after coming on as a substitute.....
Bit unfair being sent off after youve gone on just because you're a useless, overweight, self opinionated, imposter of a footballer.

Player
aldo
my little sausage finger as higgy says will be in the championship b4 him when he said i want to play in prem lg sure he was not meaning the northern prem lg . not fit to polish NORWOODS boots . and we paid for him wow and they paid us wow wow.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
my little sausage finger as higgy says will be in the championship b4 him when he said i want to play in prem lg sure he was not meaning the northern prem lg . not fit to polish NORWOODS boots . and we paid for him wow and they paid us wow wow.
Alabi definitely did his team a favour since they scored AFTER he was sent off! It only gets worse for the poor fella...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
My old favourite on the move again - Adam Dawson signs for Chester

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good luck with that!

Player
Manager
John King
Adam Dawson signs for Macclesfield. How many clubs has he had now ?

Can't see this working out well for Macc.......

Player
aldo
yes was looking at this they must be in a very bad place if they have to go after players like that .hope it works for him but he never seems to stay more than a few months