• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 1 Chester 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not sure this is the right section, but a strong Rovers side beat a virtually full strength Chester 1-0 in the Cheshire Senior Cup semi-final tonight, Margetts the goalscorer. If nothing else, it shows we have got some strength in depth this season as I doubt any of our eleven will start the game on Saturday.

It seems we might get some silverware this season, just not in the competition we were hoping for.......

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded quite a close game. Only Duggan and Liam Davies of the Rovers xi haven't seen first team action this season. Strength in depth is more of an asset, where the manager is prepared to deploy it.

Stockport in the Final.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Always good to beat Chester! Margetts took his goal well (the video is on the OS).

As an aside, why was the game played on a Monday? It reminded me of times gone by when Rovers played most home games on Friday or Monday to avoid the teams across the water. I'm sure drwhoman will remember, even if RLC doesn't.

drwhoman

Yes BBTC. I remember the Friday and Monday games. Feet stamping in the old wooden stand made a great racket particularly when Barry D, Charlie Mac and others were doing the business! Happy days! Not so happy now unfortunately. Grinding away in a poor league with a problematic Manager.