• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 1-0 Oldham

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He (Mc Gurk) has has scored 4 goals for TRFC. We cannot use the word "prolific" to describe him, in any context.

Three of those goals came in his four, I think, starts at centre forward at the end of last season. Agreed that he has not been prolific overall, but that is pretty much my argument - he is far more likely to get on the scoresheet when played up front.

Anyway, the best case scenario is that Enoch starts scoring again soon, as his workrate is still valuable to us, notably in games like Saturdqy where we are 'defending from the front' to hold on to a lead.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Once devanney is fit who do you think is likely to be left out of the front three? as clearly wont go 4-4-2.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Once devanney is fit who do you think is likely to be left out of the front three? as clearly wont go 4-4-2.
Same problem when Robbo returns if Jose's contract is extended. It's a great problem for Les to have compared to this time last year.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Les has indicated that if the current team keeps up its current form, then the injured three will be warming the bench. After such a long time out, I expect they might only get half an hour or so at the end of game or two. By the time they are fit, we are sure to have other injuries, suspensions or loss of form. Being still in the JPT will at least make sure as many players as possible get some first team action.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
From Les's comments today, it appears unlikely that Baxter will stay for another month, as the board won't stump up for his wages now that Robinson and Devaney are nearing fitness. I think it is safe to conclude that very little of the Jennings / Cresswell money has found its way into squad strengthening.......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
From Les's comments today, it appears unlikely that Baxter will stay for another month, as the board won't stump up for his wages now that Robinson and Devaney are nearing fitness. I think it is safe to conclude that very little of the Jennings / Cresswell money has found its way into squad strengthening.......
It would be a shame if we can't afford to keep Jose, as he adds real quality. I have to say, I've not noticed ANY of the Jennings/Cresswell money being spent on players. If some of it has, then what sort of squad would we have had without it?! I can't believe Les is running short of money already. We will need more loanees soon to fill gaps for sure.

As everyone has been saying, we are just a decent striker short of being a good team. If we'd spent a little more and signed Shefki Kuqi instead of Oldham, do you reckon we'd be in the play-off zone?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Difficult to say whether or not we would have been able to offer good deals to Devaney, Robbo, McChrystal etc without the money generated by those transfers, and Les was obviously allotted an undisclosed amount to bid for Ryan Lowe. Still, evidence suggests that much of it has not gone towards our staff budget, but that's not hugely surprising.