Welcome to White Review!

Want to join in? Register today. It's free and only takes a minute.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovers 0 Cherries 0

Discussion in 'Post-match' started by Rockfords Love Child, 27 Apr 2013.

1. Higgy

Mentioned earlier that Ronnie is looking for a good finnisher - that would be good, but my worry is where the chances are going to come from. We don't seem to look like scoring lately and in a way it would be nice to see a few chances being created, if ultimately missed. I do hope JLAA gets back to his best for next season and that we get some quality to play alongside him as I think Stockton is miles away, albeit with a good work rate.

2. GroundsmansFork

My son, who is a Season Ticket holder and lives in Altrincham says that there's a forward there scoring goals for fun, whose name I forget. Suggests we should be looking at him. Scored loads for them last season as well and surprisingly nobody came in for him.

3. Rockfords Love Child

Damien Reeves I think. He has averaged about a goal per game at Conference North level in the last couple of seasons. Could be worth a punt as a back up striker depending on any transfer fee involved.

4. GroundsmansFork

Thats him. May be worth a chance before someone else comes in for him.

5. bigmart

bigmart bigmart

Damien Reeves is 27 and playing conference north would have thought if he was decent at least a conference or lower league would have signed him by now, dont think he is the answer up front for us.

6. Ian

Ian Super White!

He does seem like a big risk.. I think we need to be trying to get better quality in.

Sent using Tapatalk

7. Rockfords Love Child

I did only suggest getting him in as a cost effective back-up, not a first choice striker.

8. roverstillidie

I'd rather take a chance on him than sign someone like Sidibe or Marvin Morgan who we know will be pretty crap.

9. SonkORLY?

SonkORLY? ____________________

this

10. Ian

Ian Super White!

From what I recall, we were all pretty positive when we signed Sidibe. I don't think any of us thought he'd be as bad as he was.

Sent using Tapatalk

11. DIW

DIW

I was positive but he proved to be absolute sh1te.

12. Rockfords Love Child

Returning to the Reeves issue, the only way we are going to get a 20 goal-a-season striker is by taking a gamble on someone unproven (as with Cassidy), so I definitely think he would be worth bringing in as a squad player. Charlie Austin, for example, had played three seasons at an even lower level before Swindon came in for him.

If nothing else, his goals ratio suggests he would be better than Tiryaki. :smile: