• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Referees

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Incredible what went unpunished in last night's Merseyside derby. Rooney was lucky to last so long, but how did Holgate stay on the pitch after pushing Firmino over the barrier into the crowd? He wasn't even booked. I'd like to think even a NL ref would have done more.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just to add that I'm a big fan of VAR. I can see problems, but on balance it must be of benefit. Just give it a chance. The main reason is that it is ludicrous to allow TV viewers a better view of the game than the ref. Bad practice, bad PR.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think in Derby games a bit of common sense has to take over due to the nature of these games.. otherwise they’d end up 9v9 and spoil it for everyone.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a big fan of video replays. Let’s enjoy the game and the talking points. I understand the money involved at the top level so every decision is crucial but you take the human element out of the game a little.