• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rearguard want little out????

M

Matthew The Rover

Do you say the same to Taylor and Hume and Hill and Murphy and Koumas etc etc?

J

Johnny King is God

Its different - they brought money into the club.

Plus Kelly is coaching the side - he is more important in many ways than the players in terms of continuity.

I feel the same way about Thornton and Mahon.

Its very subjective and all about the circumstances.

M

Matthew The Rover

Johnny King is God said:

Plus Kelly is coaching the side - he is more important in many ways than the players in terms of continuity.

Hill walked out on us as did Murphy

S

Seanyb

Matthew The Rover said:
I say Little has five games to sort it out or goes. This season the aim (like last years I will add) was promotion and the chance of getting it are slim. We have won less than half of our home games and only picked up four away points. This is not promotion form. Have you noticed how close we are to bottom?

Yep I agree with you there. Give the guy a chance, he should be able to get things sorted i think, fingers crossed begining with tonight

DixieDean

Johnny King is God said:

If the club suddenly decided they didnt want a player or a member of the coaching staff, they'd soon get rid of them, so why can't an employee make the same decisions? Football is a business involving people's careers and quite rightly their main interest should be themselves.. Sometimes you've just gotta realise this and grow up a bit :shock:

M

Matthew The Rover

Well said Dixie. You cannot hate a player because they wish to further their career. Say you worked for a business but then got offered double the pay to move to a new job, you'd take it wouldn't you. The same position these footballers are in.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We got money for Murphy... 125k? I would have Ned back... but don't think he'd want to. I think Little should be given more time.

M

Matthew The Rover

Even stronger calls for his head tonight.

If anybody chants Little out I will boo them on aturday.

Little has my confidence for four more games

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm starting to lose my confidence in him now really... he keeps saying a win is around the corner and it never comes... I think he may have run out of ideas myself... hope i'm wrong. I'll give him a few more games to get it right though!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
exactly give the man a few more games before "know it alls! start chantin him out. they just don't know what theyre on about.

Johnny King is God said:

so what you're saying is,that if you were offered a job by someone for 3yrs but on a very low wage,you would stay there and ignore an offer from a similar company who are offering alot more money over a shorter period? bull-s41t! ned kelly would get us going and play some decent football. :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
Little has my confidence for four more games

I don't understand people who say this. So you're judging him on four more games? So if he wins all four, you'll back him.

If he loses all four you want him out.
Crazy.

Why the next four?
Why not the next two, three, five, six...

:?

M

Matthew The Rover

Because we will then have had 15 games of the season, just under 1/3

Matthew The Rover said:
Because we will then have had 15 games of the season, just under 1/4

people in the know usually say give ya team 10 games(1st ten) to see how ya season is gunna pan out. am afraid 10 games have been and as a result it's gunna be a poor season. so as far as am concerned it's game over BL. you have failed, move over and give someone else a shout. i can't be bothered with you're excuses anymore and you're team selection for that matter.our attendances are falling all the time little and it's not because of prices,so take the hint :!:

J

Johnny King is God

Forum Dictionary:

Moody Post: [adj] [noun] A post left when the submitter was in a bit of a crappy mood, that in the cold light of day he realises was a little OTT.

However in one final attempt to justify myself.

Kelly: We gave him a great opportunity to get into high level coaching and he repaid us by walking out on us leaving us without a coach during a very succesful period for the club. He hadnt been here long but saw a better opportunity and walked out on us. Have no doubt, he would do it again if he was our manager, why give him the chance.

Mahon: Left because he thought he would have a chance at Lisbon. Aldo told him he didnt and that they would only take him on a free and sell him at a price. We brought him over as a kid, gave him a break and he stopped us from making money out of him after all the breaks we gave him. Dont forget tranmere brought him over as a 15 year old and housed him and gave him a job.

Thornton: Shat on us and demanded a move - he had played first team football for less than six months and got greedy - again, when we gave him his break.

On the flip side

Hill: Club sold him to Oldham to spite him. He wanted to move to a Premiership club. First offer came from Oldham - we sold him straight away to spite him. He did not want to leave the club to join Oldham - this is a fact.

Murphy: had actually lost his place in the side when we sold him!

J

Johnny King is God

nope - hill left because he refused to sign a new one. was still under contract. thats why we got money for him.

M

Matthew The Rover

Johnny King is God said:
nope - hill left because he refused to sign a new one. was still under contract. thats why we got money for him.

Hill left because his contract ran out.

M

Matthew The Rover

I remember speaking personally to Clint Hill the summer he left. There was a reserve fixture and youngsters could go along and meet the players, and I did, as I was bout 10 at the time. My late Dad, who's favourite player was Hill, asked Clint "will you still be at Tranmere in August" and Clint said "My contract ends this summer, but hopefully I will still be at Tranmere come August."

Bosman ruling came into play, as he was 23 or under.