• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Q & A last night

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I wasn't there so would be interested if anyone went but from social media, it seems references were made to the following. Some of it is nothing new:

- Last season Cook wasn't fit enough. This season he is. However his scoring record in general against the top 6 sides isn't great which MM referred to.
- Dawson is a long way from the first team - performances in training have been a big issue.
- Buxton will take our next penalty! I still don't know why CJ doesn't take them.
- MM went into detail about matches played this season and stats and showed how many crossed we put into the box, way more than most teams who have won games comfortably. Personally I'd still like a goal poacher type player e.g. Aldo, Lowe, Greenacre as we don't seem to have one who will play regularly.

Anyway - all sounded very positive. Would be interested if anyone from this forum did go. Would be nice if the club published some sort of transcript about from it.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks, Sparky. I'd like to hear more detail too. However, full marks to MM for sticking his head above the parapet when the heat is on him, unlike GB who always hid behind MP.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it all depends on the quality of the crosses going into the box does not it ? A full back lumping endless balls into the box does not guarantee your strikers good service. I know Palios puts a lot of store by these statistics, but I sometimes think they are more hindrance than help.

Micky's comment about Cook not scoring against the top six sounds pretty feeble to me: surely you could make the same charge against Norwood, Mangan or Stockton ? In fairness to the manager, I think he did show some video evidence of the training sessions, highlighting where we are trying to improve.

Let us just hope it all comes together over the weekend.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've only seen the TROSC twitter summary. The event was recorded by the club, so presumably there will be at least a high-lights package at some point.

The one which did concern me was the following;

Q: how do you decide bench?
A: all players travelled, but needed plan B on bench. Covered all eventualities with what we had

Maybe Micky expanded and gave more detail in the meeting, but I remain to be convinced that having 4 attacking players on the bench covers all eventualities.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
"I remain to be convinced that having 4 attacking players on the bench covers all eventualities. " Totally agree with you Boz, even though I wait further abuse of "the bench had feck all to do with it (the result)" from RLC

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
"I remain to be convinced that having 4 attacking players on the bench covers all eventualities. " Totally agree with you Boz, even though I wait further abuse of "the bench had feck all to do with it (the result)" from RLC
I was not directing 'abuse' at any individual, just giving my opinion of the game. Several people have questioned the choice of substitutes. I think your original post about the match was more abrasive than anyone else's.