• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

prem wages

Player
aldo
sanchez wages to man utd are reported to be half a mill a week its gonna go bang one day the government should stop it b4 it does.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
People have been saying it will go bang for years but with overseas rights and two huge companies putting in lots of money it will be a long time yet

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
One day, the novelty of football with the wider public will wear off and the Premier League will collapse. I am not saying it will happen soon, but it will happen eventually.

In the eighties, when I was growing up, the majority of people in this country wanted nothing to do with football. The TV viewers who sustain the Premier League don't have the same degree of commitment as supporters in the lower divisions by definition.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
sanchez wages to man utd are reported to be half a mill a week its gonna go bang one day the government should stop it b4 it does.
Why should the government stop it? Sanchez certainly gives more pleasure than the likes of the directors of Carillion, privatised rail companies, big banks, who have been raking in significant amounts at the taxpayers expense and which the government would have much more power and authority to stop if they wanted to.

It is an obscene amount of money though. I think RLC is right that the Premiership bubble will burst, with the next round of television contracts, think more than half the games are up for grabs. Overkill and a danger of familiarity breeding contempt perhaps.

Player
aldo
Because when it happens . Not if . It will go tits up big time . The money train can only go so far . So mutch for financial fair play my arse . A wage cap should of been done years ago. B4 we know it some of the big clubs will be in big s@#$%t and no1 will be able to help them

drwhoman

Even taking into account the validity of the previous comments, you wonder what is going on at Utd. A decent enough player but aged 29. City will win the Premier League this year and a Utd win on the Champions League is probably unlikely even with him. And who drops down to the bench, Rashford, Lingard? Is this Jose wanting to spite Pep given that City were also interested? An expensive way to do it! Mind you, Jose signed De Bruyne and Salah for Chelsea to stop other teams signing them. They played rarely and were promptly shipped out when he left. Look how they are playing now! When Pool were after Sanchez to replace Suarez they were told that his family wanted to live in London. Apologies to anyone who lives in Manchester but that is not exactly a wildly exciting city. Maybe he will commute! I got a text this am from a friend who supports Utd and his comment was 'what the .....' (you can add the rest!).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Even taking into account the validity of the previous comments, you wonder what is going on at Utd. A decent enough player but aged 29. City will win the Premier League this year and a Utd win on the Champions League is probably unlikely even with him. And who drops down to the bench, Rashford, Lingard? Is this Jose wanting to spite Pep given that City were also interested? An expensive way to do it! Mind you, Jose signed De Bruyne and Salah for Chelsea to stop other teams signing them. They played rarely and were promptly shipped out when he left. Look how they are playing now! When Pool were after Sanchez to replace Suarez they were told that his family wanted to live in London. Apologies to anyone who lives in Manchester but that is not exactly a wildly exciting city. Maybe he will commute! I got a text this am from a friend who supports Utd and his comment was 'what the .....' (you can add the rest!).
If I was on £500,000 a week I would live in Timbuktu and commute by private plane.

drwhoman

Good thinking BBTC but Timbuktu is a bit down market these days! Maybe the Riviera?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If Sanchez donated two days pay he could stave off Administration for Monkeyhangers.
Or 0.2% of Coutinhos fee.
It's just another world.
And they can keep it.

joe

It is another world. I gave up the Premier League years ago. They have no connection with the 'ordinary man'. The fools who pay exorbitant prices to watch Premier League teams are welcome to them. The lower leagues are far more entertaining.

Player
aldo
tottenham fans got charged £75 just to park at wembley then £60 to watch a game . give me lower league footie everyday

drwhoman

I used to occasionally go to Liverpool and Everton in the 1960s. Last season I went to a Liverpool game. It is interesting how the atmosphere has changed. Back then it was quite raw, quite tribal, quite working man. Today there are a lot of middle class football tourists able to pay the big prices and there is a sense of formalised occasion. Flags and banners are controlled, football rattles are long gone and the singing of YNWA is very much a required ritual. Such is progress!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The few games I’ve been to at Anfield over the last few years have lacked atmosphere. Strange thing to say when there are 50,000 in attendance. Different culture these days like drwhoman says above.

Player
aldo
£400k thats his weeks wage now there saying the others big players at utd wont the same . maddness

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ludicrous.

Player
aldo
100mill over 5 years . Good on city for saying no ould love it if it causes the man utd dressing room to go in to melt down . Serve them right if it did