• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Port Vale (A) - 15/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers
Sat 15th December 2007
Vale Park
League One
Kick off: 3pm

Ticket details
Adults: £19
Seniors (60 and over): £12.50
Juniors (16 and under): £8

Head to head
http://whitereview.co.uk/matchday/opponent.php?opp=30

Last match:
17th July 07
Vale 2 (Sonner, Constantine) - Tranmere 3 (Greenacre (2), Ellison)

Post your pre-match thoughts here!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After a very disappointing November playing against some of the better teams in League One, our fixture list for December and January looks a lot more promising. After despatching Bournemouth, Rovers face another bottom four side next Saturday. If we are to mount another challenge, then three points at Vale Park are important. Unfortunately, Vale had a great result at Gillingham yesterday and will be more confident now. Quite frankly, I'm hopeless at forecasting Rovers' results. I'm usually wrong, so I'm going for a 2-0 defeat!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Another game that will be tougher than it looks on paper. I'm hoping Saturday's win is the start of another good long undefeated run. That's what we could do with to get back in touch.

Player
Liam Palmer
Tough one this, especially as Jennings is suspended - wonder who will come in for him? Wonder also how Vale will respond to being knocked out the FA Cup by Chasetown? Three points would be very welcome before the tricky trip to Luton and home game against Carlisle.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tough one this, especially as Jennings is suspended - wonder who will come in for him?

Maybe Mullin who's been on the brink for a few weeks now. Hes the best option we have for a straight replacement, although Kay can also do a job there too!

Wonder also how Vale will respond to being knocked out the FA Cup by Chasetown?

Yeah, just noticed that score this morning. It usually doesn't bode well for the team who plays them next as they are usually fired up and wanting to prove a point just like Hartlepool!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm predicting a 1-1 draw. We don't tend to do well against teams near the bottom, perhaps that's changed a little bit, but Tranmere away at Vale Park doesn't inspire me much I'm afraid. Plus we don't seem to be able to keep a clean sheet at the moment.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hadn't realised Jennings was suspended for this one. Mullin lacks match practice and for that reason think Kay might be the better option, assuming Goodison is fit enough to play.

Only been to Vale Park once, we lost and Clint Hall was sent off after some feigning injury by their keeper. Think there will be a response to their Cup exit, so a point probably best case scenario here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm quite confident going into this one. Vale aren't a great team, if we put in a good team performance, it's winnable. Looking forward to this one, but I think it's going to be cold though!
winter_grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.