• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pools v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
And a goal behind. Any connection between the two? Not getting commentary only score-flashes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apparently an excellent strike to take the lead. Not getting much this half. Need to get back in this otherwise it'll be 2-0.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh yes!!! 1-1 McEverley believe it or not!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh Jennings could have won that at the death!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a bad away point.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
McNulty concussed so he will miss Saturday, but it sounds like Sutton and McEverley played well as a pair.

Player
aldo
Was there tonight and cook looks like he cant be assed or is waiting for new year or summer when he is

Player
aldo
Xopps a free agent we are in a bad place shit midfield if we could sort it out we would be a different monster

drwhoman

Well a point is a point I suppose. See if anyone new comes in this week. I assume Dunn is just off the menu? I see Archer scored for Chester.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dunn isn’t the answer to our problems. Scoring goals is still a huge problem for us. Jennings should have buried that chance at the end. You’ve got to take your chances.

drwhoman

Absolutely right Ian. Our scoring record is abysmal. A mixture of questionable creativity and poor shot execution. I wonder what our shots to goals ratio is. Not high I would think. It was all so different in the second half of last season. I almost feel we are back in Brabin land if that is possible!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Had a chance to see the highlights, don't know if there was partisan editing, but it seemed the home team had the bulk of the chances and Scott Davies kept us in it a couple of times. Both goals were good examples of their type. I'm not inclined to be too critical of Jennings as he didn't seem to have the ball fully under control. You'd expect a player of his experience to at least be able to test the keeper from that position, but it wasn't as good a chance as the sitter McDonough missed v Chester or a number of Norwood missed one on ones.

AM mentions a lack of quality in midfield. For me, Norburn hasn't convinced as yet, very little in the way of a killer ball and defensively lightweight. Hughes has issues too, though when on top of his game is decent at this level. I'd forgotten about Dunn, he was initially out injured, but guessing just out of favour now. No mention of any new recruits in the post-match interview, though Buxton might be back in contention and McNulty's substitution was down to feeling ill rather than concussion.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
AM mentions a lack of quality in midfield. For me, Norburn hasn't convinced as yet, very little in the way of a killer ball and defensively lightweight.
I think Norburn has been excellent, the real bright spark of the season. I can remember more than one assist from him, notably a great ball for Jennings at Halifax a couple of weeks ago, and his range of passing is excellent at this level. However, I agree that he needs Harris alongside him as he does not contribute much without the ball.

It is difficult to judge individuals in a team that has performed so poorly as a whole.

Most people seem to think Hartlepool dominated the first half last night, but we improved after they scored and deserved the point. I did not pick up the pattern of the game from the Wirral Radio commentary, which supports my previous comments about the dangers of relying on commentators for your view of the match.

Player
aldo
If we lose harris an norrs through injury they are the two hardest worker's in the team . . Said in the summer the midfield was the weak link with no pace and the sitting midfielders we some times use . They dont score enough or make enough chances . How meney times do they get over run . And the strikers are to isolated at times to also with hughes we can be to slow . Not to say much about his corners

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Norburn is a bit of a marmite player. The footage of the Halifax goals was too poor to make out his contribution and I accept the difficulties of coming into a struggling side. The talent is there, but some of his decision-making frustrates me.

Didn't hear any of the commentary last night, but you've reminded me and I'll try and listen to the commentary during some of Saturday's game to see how much it correlates with my perception of the game.