• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pompey

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Apparently, they could be going bust in 2 weeks, if they dont get their wages down. Now, why have the FL let it get this late in the day when letting them into league 1, if they werent 100% guaranteed to come out of admin by the start of the season, they shouldnt have been let in. What if they play till October and then go into liquidation? Its gonna be a mess. [/rant]

drwhoman

Pompey -Rangers

I agree re Pompey but what about the Rangers situation? The other Scottish clubs (and the SFA)clearly hate them with a vengeance. Too much arrogance over many years I suspect but the game in Scotland does need them if it is to survive at all. The Scottish game is increasingly an irrelevance which is a great shame recognising the proud history. To take great pleasure in forcing one of your top two supported teams into the bottom division really does seem like shooting yourself in the foot. Yes - the previous management should be hung but... To expect 'new' Rangers to accept the sanctions placed on 'old' Rangers really does seem punative.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Portsmouth have got off relatively lightly considering what happened to Luton. I do hope they can sort things out and continue in existence.

As for events north of the border, I disagree with Drwhoman. Once the clubs in the Scots top flight refused the newco Rangers entry to their league, there was only one option; they should start at the bottom. Hopefully, by the time Rangers return to the top flight, it will be a more competitive set-up, rather than the tedious Glasgow duopoly which has existed for the last decade or so.

drwhoman

RANGERS

Boz, I know where you are coming from. It is a fair argument that Rangers should start at the bottom again. However, forgive my negativity but there are only two teams in Scotland that have serious financial clout which in turn drives the quality of the team that takes the pitch. Rangers and Celtic. A bit like the Premier League on a smaller scale. Two teams and not the five or six in England. With Rangers out of the way I think it highly unlikely that anyone other than Celtic will win the Scottish League for the next three years. At least some of the smaller teams will get some good income in the meantime when they get a visit from Rangers. I just hope their game management is up to the task! Time will tell as always.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aren't Portsmouth paying one of their players 35k a week? In division one, it's a joke. I don't want to see any clubs die, but it seems some clubs think they can spend money willy-nilly. Clubs really need to be more responsible and accountable for their actions. Rising trend sadly..