• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pompey post-mortem

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I think JLAA has proved he has the potential, even if he is going through a bad patch. He also has some pace, which is an asset especially at this level. I don't think Cole has that much potential to be honest and I doubt he will go that far.

In terms of centre midfield I recall you were disappointed in lack of praise the current incumbents after arecent game - so presumably some quality there. In terms of whether there is a plethora and whether I think the current two can manage on their own the answer is no and no. I also think that whoever you put upfront with JLAA out of who is left, you will always get what you always got - a sterile looking attack and we will just drift out of the reckoning.

Given lack of resource I would prefer to have the better quality footballers on the park with a third man in the middle and supporting JLAA might work - bring on Robbo or Zoum.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
but zoum and robbo would always start when fit, so i dont really understand who youre referring to when you imply we have a 'better quality player' who should be playing at the expense of cole/o'hal. we have **** all to choose from atm.

honestly a side in as bad form as we are moving to any lone-striker system is not conducive to attacking football. we will just hoof it up to isolated striker who has nobody to play off - i've seen it happen under ronnie before and dont get me started on parry. most sides at this level play 4-4-2 so if you dont think max and palmer can cope man for man with some of the dross in this league we may as well give up now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think dire is too harsh an assessment of Cole Stockton's showings.

Probably, in fairness. But he has certainly looked out of his depth in the majority of games and I always think that O'Halloran, whatever his limitations, offers more than him.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think cole will go on to being a decent player, he is getting stronger can hold the ball up quite well and certainly is a decent finisher for someone of his age and expereince.

O'Halloran has only pace but tends to run across the pitch from side to side rather than towards goal.