• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

PNE 1-0 Tranmere

Player
Goodison
5 games without a goal, certain players seem to be on their holidays - maybe some disciplinary action should be taken? I don't understand why the likes of Stockton and Kirby weren't given a game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ronnie keeps saying Cole has a great future etc so why not give him the experience instead of playing that yard dog Sidibe?

I might be paranoid but I just hope this doesn't run into next season

DIW

Player
Goodison
Well in the meantime we can all look forward to bournemouths ****ing promotion party next week.
What a **** few months.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Today's performance was a lot better than most recent games. We played the better football for long spells against a big, physical Preston side and actually created more chances from open play in the first half certainly. We passed it well at times on a decent pitch and Robbo and the midfield two had good games.

Unlike recent matches, I think we were genuinely unlucky not to score today: had the effort on to the post in the first half dropped in things would have been different. As it was, we crucially conceded the first goal again (on the break, which together with set plays was how most of Preston's chances came) after which the game was always going to be a struggle. We dominated possession for long spells after the break, but the lack of confidence around the 18 yard box was again really evident.

Based on today's game, I still think we play better football and have better individual players than Preston, which shows how much we have progressed this season. If John Welsh is the lynchpin of your team, you are not great. At least he did not score today, despite his best efforts (probably his one good game of the season).

The players have not gone on their hols and there was no lack of commitment out there today; no need to discipline anybody. I was surprised, however, that Stockton did not start ahead of Sidibe, or at least come on earlier.

Great to see James Wallace sitting among the SWA today as well. Just a pity he could not have been out there skinning Welshy.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the report RLC. With regard to Stockton, Ronnie's comments are mainly aimed at his future more than what he can do now.

He did say he was a bit wet behind the ears only a few months ago.

Sent using Tapatalk

Player
Manager
John King
Well in the meantime we can all look forward to bournemouths ****ing promotion party next week.

I would not worry too much about them. Bankrolled by a Russian crook: in three years they will be in Portsmouth's position.

Rather be TRFC any day.

drwhoman

bournemouth

I think Bournemouth have had financial problems before? As you say RLC they will be back there sometime soon. I agree that Stockton should have been given a run. There was no reason to play Sibide. He is a loan player and I cannot imagine that Ronnie will want to sign him for next year. He must be given a free by Stoke I would have thought given his age and recent injury record.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. Sidibe is not the player to take us forward. Like Ronnie says, we need a poacher.. Easier said than done.

Sent using Tapatalk

DIW

Player
Goodison
I would not worry too much about them. Bankrolled by a Russian crook: in three years they will be in Portsmouth's position.

Rather be TRFC any day.

So would I but its going to make me vomit if I can even face turning up. They might even end up getting the trophy.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I can understand the clamour to give Stockton a run out given it is end of season and that there is not much to choose from anyway, and some extra experience will do him no harm. However, I really hope he would be back on the bench for next season because I believe he is nowhere near being in the first eleven of any division 1 team with resonable aspirations. Hope we improve our resources in that department for next season.

Player
Goodison
I hope Ronnie doesn't spend all of the summer looking for a "target man" as we play so much better without one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope Ronnie doesn't spend all of the summer looking for a "target man" as we play so much better without one.

I think he will. He does like the old big fella up front. Burgess would have fitted the big, strong, fairly slow target man but obviously he had other ideas.

Sent using Tapatalk

Player
Manager
John King

Agreed. If we had managed to tempt Madine or O'Grady to come here, rather than having to settle for Sidibe, things might have been different this season.