• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Player of the Year

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Voting closes for the official player of the year award on Monday. Personally, I can't decide whether to go for Cook or Hughes, both of whom have been outstanding.

Ben Tollitt will clearly be voted young player of the year, but if there was a 'most improved player' award I would go for Liam Ridehalgh.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Find it frustrating MM has given Mitch Duggan so little opportunity and out of obstinacy might vote for him. Tollit, had he stayed fit might have been a contender for player of the season.

Ridehalgh is a confidence player and he is someone who clearly has benefitted from Mellon's man management, whereas Brabin kept chopping and changing when and where he played.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cookie for me.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
andy cook without a doubt, best signing we have made in years

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The likes of Big Mac, Hughes & Davies are all in with a shout whereas the likes of Ihikwe, Harris & Ridehalgh have been very good of late.

But agree Cookie should win it. Not just for his goal tally but the importance of some of those goals.

As for young player, Ihikwe was nominated last season but I think is over 23 now so not eligible? As amazing as Tollit was I don't think he played enough games over the season - not his fault of course. But I'm struggling to think who else is eligible as none of the younger players like Cole, Kirby & Mekki have done enough - plus they may also be ineligible.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just checked - young player options are Stephenson, Kirby, Tollitt, Stockton & Duggab.

Scraping the barrel lol ! Will have to be Tollit

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Young player options are a joke and risk opening the debate on youngsters not getting a chance at TRFC (which is not for now). I don't think Duggan or Stephenson have played a full 90 minutes. Kirby has had some good games without being outstanding. Tollitt has impressed, but not in every game, and has missed most of the season. Stockton has been a revelation and would be favourite if he could include his 10 goals for Morecambe. I think Tollitt will win, but if the vote had been delayed another month, I feel Stockton could have improved his chances.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Stephenson played the full ninety at York, he says pedantically. As you know, lack of opportunity for young players is a personal hobby horse.

Player
Manager
John King
Young player options are a joke and risk opening the debate on youngsters not getting a chance at TRFC (which is not for now). I don't think Duggan or Stephenson have played a full 90 minutes. Kirby has had some good games without being outstanding. Tollitt has impressed, but not in every game, and has missed most of the season. Stockton has been a revelation and would be favourite if he could include his 10 goals for Morecambe. I think Tollitt will win, but if the vote had been delayed another month, I feel Stockton could have improved his chances.
Tollitt has been exceptional. There is no way Stockton would have won it ahead of him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with RLC about Cole. Since his return from loan he has done better than expected, particular in recent weeks, winning more headers/free kicks and getting the winner v Dover of course.

I haven't looked at appearances this season but if we are voting now, I am guessing Tollitt has played more this season (and scored more goals), than Cole. If Cole was number 1 striker and was banging them in then I could understand but he is 2nd choice to Cookie understandably. Kirby would have had more of a chance had he not got injured I guess - although many fans fail to see what he offered - other than 'running between the lines'.

Player
Manager
John King
Player of the season : Andy Cook
Young player of the season : Ben Tollitt

Supporters' club POTS : Andy Cook
Supporters' club YPOTS : Ben Tollitt

Players' player of the season : Andy Cook

Goal of the season : Ben Tollitt's second v Woking

No surprises and well deserved in both cases.

Let us hope the player of the year gets in the starting eleven for the play offs. ;)