• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Play-off Final v Boreham Wood

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hopefully Monthe in the right-back slot. Jennings and Clarke on the bench.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Half-time. Amazing. I can't see how we win this.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Why oh why do we always make it difficult for ourselves? But its not over yet. We are due some luck.

Gray

Player
The only way we win this is if Wood go down to 10 men too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!

Player
Ryan Taylor
At half time I felt broken as we'd stuffed it up again. The euphoria now is incredible - still can't quite believe we did it. Unbelievable - the finest, most disciplined performance I've seen from any team, never mind at this level.

Still not sure what Ridehalgh was thinking (or not) - clearly a little too pumped up!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If there are gods, they did their best to scupper us.
Down to 10 after 3 mins
All subs used by halftime
Conceding after 53 mins in first half.
What an unbelievable effort by them.
MOM for me - Nors
Covered every blade of grass and led my example through it.
Absolutely drained!!

M

Mal

Yabadabbadoo. My nerves have been shredded. And can take the I know out of status

drwhoman

As a Rovers supporter for over 57 years this must go down as one of the greatest performances in Rovers history. The despair of last year’s defeat and the support of the SWA must have driven rthem on. Dancing round the floor of an Australian house at 4am! The neighbours will be sending for the man with the jacket and the van! Enjoy the celebrations you guys!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree that Nors was man of the match. He has been brilliant in the play offs and was the best, most consistent player we have had in our three years in non league. He has made himself a legend with that goal. Made up for him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was bloody worth waiting for !! It’s been a long time since I shed a tear for Rovers but that was fantastic. The fear of failure at Wembley drove the boys on and what a performance.

It actually made the win even more sweeter due to the fact that the odds were heavily against us during the game.

Gray

Player
I'm sorry for my lack of belief. 10 men and an equaliser in the 53rd minute of the first half. How we've come back from that I don't know.

See you all in L2.

drwhoman

And to think that in Oct we were around 16th and that some, including me, were questioning MM's continued employment! He finally realised that the summer transfer efforts were a disaster and that Cook and Norwood were his best front two. It was appropriate that they scored our two goals. He then signed Mottley-Henry and Banks on loan who were a real catalyst for what happened subsequently. Due credit to Mickey - it must have been hard for him. 'Meaningful' discussions with Mark etc! Now has to do better transfer business this summer - at least we should be able to attract a better quality of player.