• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Play-off Final v Boreham Wood

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I'd be amazed if CJ starts. MM rightly has a habit of underplaying unavailability to keep the opposition guessing. For me it will be CJ off the bench because if you're very, very unwell in hospital as previously quoted by MM you're not gonna last what is potentially 120 mins on Wembley turf to hopefully not have to take a pen...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cole and Ginnelly have done a good job, they'll be disappointed to miss out if CJ is back. I don't think MM would play CJ if he wasn't ready. Another Wembley cracker from him would go down well.

Player
aldo
listening to the woods manager . he has done his home work on us . i realy hope we have to . witch i think mm and the team would have . . got everthing crossed and might even say a little prayer tonight . hope you have safe trips people . and lets hope its a happy one .

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Nerves really kicking in now! Can't wait to finish work and set off for the Wirral. A few pints tonight and the coach tomorrow with my brother-in-law and nephew. God, I hope we get this right! It seems such a long time ago that we didn't finish a season with disappointment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Same here ONIGP. Just got my rovers flag out from the loft and noticed the programmes from my previous 2 Wembley visits - 2017 and 2000 - both defeats. Been listening to the Tranmere Podcast which whilst irritating at times can be worth a listen.

Much of the talk from the club and supporters is that we are more relaxed than last year because of the experience - I get this - but I think there is more pressure this year on us. I've not checked the odds but I assume we are favourites.

BHW are such a small club but their front 3 are so strong . Yes we have Cookie/Nors but they bring goals from midfield in Balanta and have good experience in Murtagh in midfield - one of the ex Woking contigent they brought in.

Please God help us do this!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have had a very good record watching Rovers at this level. But the only two defeats were against BW and in a play-off final. So the omens are not good. Lucky I'm not superstitious!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Whilst their front 3 are very good, defensive they have been solid too. Their keeper has kept the most clean sheets in the league this season (18).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At this level we will always have huge pressure on our shoulders especially in games like this. That’s why the players have to be mentally ready for this.

If we come out and play, not freeze up, it should be a good game. Fingers crossed !

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I suspect last season we thought it was our turn because we "owed" FGR one. Lady luck would shine on us. It didn't happen.
Much the same that Shots thought that if they could get to play us this season then it would be their time.
On form, I do think we had the toughest of all the qualifying games, compounded by the fact that you're only as good as your last game - not terrific for us.
Beating Chester and Guisley and losing to Bromley prior to play offs was hardly scintillating form for BW.
I am in no doubt we are the better team and the little blip on their patch in the winter wonderland is all that's subduing us.
I'm not one for superstition but I believe that there is something behind Grimsby and FGR making successful returns to the final.
And, of course, this season we have virtually a full squad.
As AM says, safe journeys for each and every one of us and a session in Aldo's when we get back!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
From their manager on BBC:
"We are underdogs because Tranmere are a league side steeped in history. Most of the viewing public on Saturday would love to see us promoted".
Deluded.
It's a Mickey Mouse game on the TV schedule this time of the year and most of the viewers will be from round here, reds and blues sticking up for us.
Wonder if they'll try and charge BT for any part of footage of the game ie dressing room shots?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m thinking no more about the game now. The more I think the more it’s becomes too complex about all its possibilities. I’m just going to go down there and enjoy the day.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Whilst their front 3 are very good, defensive they have been solid too. Their keeper has kept the most clean sheets in the league this season (18).
We have got the best strike partnership in the League, who have scored more goals between them than the Wood front three combined.

We finished higher and are a better team. If we are at our best, we win. It is in our hands to win promotion.

I do agree that this feels a much more serious game than last season. Not exactly win or bust, but next season will be very tough if we don't go up. I am still confident we can do it.

Player
Manager
John King
Going off topic, I have just read that Salford have poached Macclesfield's Danny Whitehead - probably their best young player - after offering him EIGHT times the wages he was on at Moss Rose, reportedly £2-3,000 a week.

I am not sure how the self-styled 'Class of 92' think that kind of action helps lower league / non-league football. What a bunch of entitled, egotistical t@ats (pardon my French). Could not they do something constructive like put their (unearned) money into grassroots or schools football ?

Time to depart this League..........

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barring miracles, I won't be there, but hope that all goes well for the travelling support on here and for the team tomorrow.

Player
Manager
John King
Barring miracles, I won't be there, but hope that all goes well for the travelling support on here and for the team tomorrow.
Sorry you could not make it. Hopefully your next Rovers game will be back where we belong.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Ryan Taylor
Evening all, long time lurker, first time poster on here. Thanks to you all for keeping me up to date with news and reports down the years, as I've been unfortunately exiled in Yorkshire for the best part of the last decade with little chance to see the boys.

Maybe it's simply pre-match hype, but tomorrow feels like the biggest make or break game in my 30 years of following the Rovers. Win and I feel we can build on all the positives the Palios' are building off the pitch and re-establish ourselves as a league team with ease. Lose and I fear the club could get stuck at this level for a while, being continually bettered by richer mens playthings.

The more I think about it, the bigger a joke the bottleneck that this league represents in the football system is - a legacy of a bygone age of amateur football at this level that seriously needs addressing...

That said, tomorrow can make it all irrelevant for us anyway. I shall be at Wembley and haven't been this nervous since Hartlepool '05. We've got a great chance - hope all are going enjoy the game and come on you SWA!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Evening all, long time lurker, first time poster on here. Thanks to you all for keeping me up to date with news and reports down the years, as I've been unfortunately exiled in Yorkshire for the best part of the last decade with little chance to see the boys.

Maybe it's simply pre-match hype, but tomorrow feels like the biggest make or break game in my 30 years of following the Rovers. Win and I feel we can build on all the positives the Palios' are building off the pitch and re-establish ourselves as a league team with ease. Lose and I fear the club could get stuck at this level for a while, being continually bettered by richer mens playthings.

The more I think about it, the bigger a joke the bottleneck that this league represents in the football system is - a legacy of a bygone age of amateur football at this level that seriously needs addressing...

That said, tomorrow can make it all irrelevant for us anyway. I shall be at Wembley and haven't been this nervous since Hartlepool '05. We've got a great chance - hope all are going enjoy the game and come on you SWA!
Well said, Yorkie! We all agree with this. Keep lurking but keep on posting

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
From their manager on BBC:
"We are underdogs because Tranmere are a league side steeped in history. Most of the viewing public on Saturday would love to see us promoted".
Deluded.
It's a Mickey Mouse game on the TV schedule this time of the year and most of the viewers will be from round here, reds and blues sticking up for us.
Wonder if they'll try and charge BT for any part of footage of the game ie dressing room shots?
While the odd Bolton, Oldham or Macc fan may wish us to fail, any sane supporter of a NL side wanting promotion next season will surely want us out of their way.

Player
aldo
well im relaxed . and nervous at the same time . it gets like this when im doing a big wedding or big party . realy hope that the boys do there jobs an get the game sorted the wood are looking at less than 2k . ok thats there lot but we have to be on the front foot and have a realy good go . come on boys we are one we are the S . W . A we are GOING UP