• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Play-off Final v Boreham Wood

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They could walk to the ground couldn’t they?!

drwhoman

Let us hope that BW will be enjoying local derbies with Barnet next season! LOL!)

Player
aldo
i liked seeing the players having the huddle at the end of the game. no mass jumping around no big celebrations . focused is what i call it i like that . i recall last year . me and my wife where in oxton having a night out . there where trfc people everywhere and felt like they thought it was already won . i thgink its different this year

gozeelo

Player
John Aldridge
Hi all - great work getting to the final, BW will be tough but I think Tranmere should have it - proved a lot of grit over the season and getting to this point is a great achievement.

How are you guys planning on getting down to Wembley? We are running coaches from just outside the ground (opposite Tesco's) direct to Wembley (return) - take a look here: https://zeelo.co/rides/football/national-league-final-tranmere-rovers-fan-travel-15108

If you want to know more about Zeelo let us know!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Tickets booked - starting to get excited now !! How are people travelling out of interest?

I got the coach last year but fancy the train, or driving and then the train from somewhere.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
We're on one of the supporters club coaches. 7.15 start.
Went through TROSC cos they move off from Borough Rd.
From last year's experience, the club's coaches park about three abreadth in car park and it's a lottery when you set off.
Hoping to be at Green Man by opening ☀⚽

joe

If Jennings was as ill as they say it would have taken a lot out of him. I don't think Id start him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am driving down, as per. I will probably time my departure to see the fleet of coaches leaving PP. I love the build up to the game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Same here. Driving down looking out for the sea of white and blue !

Player
aldo
see the wood have been using watfords training ground . and some of there coaches . there up for this gonna be one ell of a game . still think they only got one coach and we now nearing 40

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Haven't decided whether to go yet. My history of Rovers at Wembley (never seen us win there) or on the road generally and the misery of last season's final makes staying away feel like an attractive option...

I don't think the numbers of Boreham Wood fans going to the game is going to make the slightest difference to the outcome. The fact that a large proportion of our current side have play-off experience lends some hope for the battle ahead.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky has confirmed both Buxton and Jennings are fit. Suspect both will start with Larnell Cole dropping to the bench.

joe

Very surprised that Jennings is deemed fit after the illness he had (allegedly).

Player
Manager
John King
I always thought Jennings would start, although Micky says he 'has a decision to make' so it is not a given.

We had sold 8,300 tickets as of this morning. Disappointing, but hopefully we will get above 10,000 before Saturday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If CJ is fit then he will start. He’s a favourite of Mickeys after all, but as Joe says, to go from being in hospital with alleged meningitis to being 100% match fit does raise a few eyebrows. We can’t carry passengers after all.

I’m getting more nervous now. Andrade and Ferrier if both fit are probably the 2nd best scoring strike duo after Nors and Cook - they have about 36 goals between them although some of Ferriers were at Dagenham.

Player
Manager
John King
From Garrard's comments today, it sounds like only Smith will miss out and Andrade, Balanta and Ferrier will all play.

I am still experiencing a zen-like calm. I feel a lot more relaxed than last year, perhaps because we have been here before, but I think defeat would actually hit me a lot harder than last season. It is time for the club to move on now.

Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
we just have to concentrate on are selves . . show them the respect they deserve . and do are jobs . if we do that then we will be ok . i think they will come out the traps and could be a hard. and could be a hard 15-20 mins . but we have to play better than we did at there place we cant play worse . think it will be 10000 whites . bromley have had 4-6 weeks 2 sell for the final on sunday if we had 2 weeks we would sell 15k